Have I Got News For You - Series 35 Page 9

He's a Rotherham bloke Brian Blessed...We dont have many famous people here in Rotherham, Blessed, The chuckle brothers, David Seaman, and snooker player Shaun Murphy. Thats about it.

That's an amazing list, don't be so humble.

I love the Chuckle Brothers.

Bill Bailey next week :) (alongside Reginald D. Hunter and Nick Robinson)

Regarding the previous episode.......Alan Duncan is the MP for my area (Melton Mowbray/Rutland) and his main office (which he rarely occupies) is only a few miles away. Anyway, the opinion of the people in our area is that he's a bit of a jobby; he's been promising a new bypass road since 1996!

You know, watching Brian on HIGNFY made me fish out my DVD of Blackadder 1 :D (or, "The Black Adder" to give it it's proper title)
I always forget how different it is to the other series.

Brian Blessed is always comedy gold - anyone who has ever seen his appearances on Soccer AM on Sky will know that.

I couldn't take him every week though. The show needs to be about the guests and the quiz, not just the host.

Yes, I agree with that. He's hilarious. Utterly f**king nuts. But after a few weeks it'd get tiring. And I think as I said before, Ian and Paul would quit.

That was probably the finest piece of television I have seen this year. I was exhausted by the end of it!

I agree with the point that Blessed should not be a permanent host and I'd even go so far as to say that this appearance should be a one-off. It was such quality TV and it would be hard to repeat it.

Looking forward to Bill Baileys stint next week :)

Blessed was hilairous... really was brilliant stuff.

Best Brian Blessed story ever is here.

The Tom Baker one below it is quite good, too.

Quote: Graham Bandage @ May 7 2008, 4:36 PM BST

Best Brian Blessed story ever is here.

I just read that on another message board.

Not that I see other message boards behind this one's back, you understand. Whistling nnocently

:O

Teary

It's just a casual fling!
It doesn't mean anything to me!

I'll stop seeing it.

I like the funny parts. Why do they keep studying their palms though? As if they're reading something?

They probably are. They have notes on and monitors embedded into the desks.

Unless you're thinking of them literally with their hand up to their face, in which case it's probably just a nervous thing.

They get their lines in the form of comedic stigmata.