Have I Got News For You - Series 35 Page 8

Quote: Aaron @ April 20 2008, 3:59 PM BST

Wow, I didn't, but now you mention it, I don't remember him having said much either. Perhaps one little quip.

Yeah, I know. I just never got why there was such a big fuss over it like that. But nevermind.

I think it was more a legacy of the Pamella Bordes story than any relationship he had to the woman in the photo. 'Tis all history now anyway. Like talking about "the last war" and thinking it's WWII when there have been many more wars since then ...

It's Bloody Brian Blessed!

this is literally mental tonight

In these moribund days, of bland and dreary leaders. Can't Brian Blessed run for some high office. He could end the Iraq war just by shouting at it.

He's wearing hats, how ace is that?

I went to the recording last night. Absolutely hilarious. Pity they cut out the best hat though - maybe it'll be on the extended edition.

GORDON'S ALIVE!

I listened out for you in the audience Aaron!
Well, kind of.
Was it scary being in the same room as Brian Blessed?

Quote: sootyj @ May 2 2008, 9:20 PM BST

In these moribund days, of bland and dreary leaders. Can't Brian Blessed run for some high office.

You mean like Boris? :)

Quote: zooo @ May 2 2008, 9:39 PM BST

I listened out for you in the audience Aaron!
Well, kind of.
Was it scary being in the same room as Brian Blessed?

:D
And not scary - but a bit awe-inspiring! The man is nuttier than a squirrel's fart. He kept banging his fist on the desk and then scolding himself because he'd promised his wife that he would behave.

Seriously, I've never seen anything or anyone quite like him!

Quote: zooo @ May 2 2008, 9:39 PM BST

You mean like Boris? :)

Good God I hope he wins.

Like Fancy Smith you mean.

I remember Z-Cars.

No not really, one can easily believe Blessed is a fundamentally decent guy.

Boris is the grinning face of Armageddon.

Quote: David Chapman @ May 2 2008, 9:49 PM BST

Like Fancy Smith you mean.

I remember Z-Cars.

You remember the Model T.

Aaron, Paul Merton seemed all at sea in tonights episode, is that how it came across live or is it a fancy piece of editing to make BB even more outrageous?

Do you know what I mean?

Yeah, he was speechless throughout most of it. On numerous occasions he just held his head in his hands - I'm not sure if it was because he was laughing or through disbelief though.

Either way, I don't think he likes being upstaged!

I think "Have I Got News for You" has found its replacement for Boris.

Yea I must say that Brian Blessed was excellent and so funny tonight.

I think we've found the new permanent host.

I think both Ian and Paul would quit if Brian Blessed was appointed as a permanent host!