Have I Got News For You - Series 35 Page 7

Probably, yes.

Quote: Griff @ April 16 2008, 9:44 AM BST

Ah Goldnutmeg, stay around these boards long enough and you will soon learn that Sooty's posts, while sharp and amusing, are usually written in a kind of cipher that unmedicated humans find impossible to understand. Eventually, once you have studied them long enough, all becomes clear.

Yes, he means Taki.

Hi Griff,

All I can say is ... TG for Wikipedia ! :D lol

Congrats on your TILT credit btw! :)

I've just been watching the Webisode on the BBC website. It was rather good in my opinion.

The site now features it's own missing word competition. You just enter you idea for a humorous comment in the following headline:

WHAT puts cows in the mood for milk

I suggested "Breast feeding".

Next week, Andrew Neil and Ed Byrne are the guests.

Oh good, I like Andrew Neil.

He's quite witty.

Andrew Neil's one of the funniest guys on tv. I just have to look at him and I laugh.

Andrew Neil is a leg-end!

Quote: Aaron @ April 19 2008, 8:24 PM BST

Andrew Neil is a leg-end!

At which point one could make a pun about the Private Eye photo of AN in vest
and baseball cap with a young companion but some things are best left to the imagination ... and out of the libel courts. Cool

http://tinyurl.com/5pb27e

Actually, I quite like "This Week" for its unbearable smugness amongst other things, seeing most of the quipsters are a part of what they (and their scriptwriters?) are satirising. But, much as it pains me to say it, it is quite enjoyable. Huh?

People can wear what they want, surely? I never got that.

Anyway. Unbearable smugness? It's just a fun show. I think you're getting confused because it's a political/current affairs programme which doesn't take itself seriously.

I actually quite like that Bob Marshall Andrews as he's quite funny and plus he doesn't seem to take himself too seriously.

He's about the only labour MP I can stomach.

Yep, I'll ditto that.

I third it.

Did Peter Serenefervenereferic actually say anything?

No he didn't.

I noticed that as well.

Quote: Aaron @ April 20 2008, 1:51 PM BST

People can wear what they want, surely? I never got that.

Anyway. Unbearable smugness? It's just a fun show. I think you're getting confused because it's a political/current affairs programme which doesn't take itself seriously.

'Tis a whole history with Private Eye, libel cases, parliamentary researchers and such like. Sure, peeps can wear what they like. I don't think the Private Eye stories ever centred on that. There was a journalist who was earlier in the "not taking news seriously" format I think. Victor something who used to have a Sunday show years ago.

We don't really disagree Aaron. Did say I liked it, in spite of my lofty pronouncement on it ;)

Wow, I didn't, but now you mention it, I don't remember him having said much either. Perhaps one little quip.

Quote: Goldnutmeg @ April 20 2008, 3:56 PM BST

'Tis a whole history with Private Eye, libel cases, parliamentary researchers and such like. Sure, peeps can wear what they like. I don't think the Private Eye stories ever centred on that.

Yeah, I know. I just never got why there was such a big fuss over it like that. But nevermind.