Have I Got News For You - Series 35

The new series of Have I Got News For You starts on 18 April. Jack Dee is to be the first guest host of the series, making him the joint second most recurring host, alongside Kirsty Young. Only Alexander Armstrong has done it more times.

It'd be nice if they could get Boris to do it again, but I can't see that happening right now.

They should get Angus Deayton to do 1 show.

I mean the BBC are still using him.

They shouldn't have got rid of him in the first place!

Well I guess they had to make an example of him but still I think he should have stayed aswell.

Quote: Richard Wells @ April 5 2008, 11:22 AM BST

They should get Angus Deayton to do 1 show.

I mean the BBC are still using him.

Good idea in theory but I get the impression there's too much animosity between him and Merton to allow it to work without a bit of a smelly atmosphere.

Quote: Richard Wells @ April 5 2008, 12:08 PM BST

Well I guess they had to make an example of him but still I think he should have stayed aswell.

I don't think it was about making an example of him, more the fact that when the host had become a news story the show didn't work as well. All the guests they wanted to take the piss out of could easily deflect things onto Deayton.

Well that's true but surely it would have calmed down eventually once it became old news.

I'd like to see Merton and Hislop replaced every episode by guests. Hislop's satire has always never been terribly accute and the audience is so in Merton's pocket that he can say absolutely anything and get a laugh. He's been coasting for years.

Mmmm, Boris.

When exactly is the new Mayor being elected?
After that they could have him back on again.

Excellent :)

David Tennant would be a great host on it, so fingers crossed that he's down to do one. And for some reason, Alan Carr would be a good host on it too.

Quote: Joey Moose @ April 6 2008, 10:34 PM BST

Excellent :)

David Tennant would be a great host on it, so fingers crossed that he's down to do one.

Good christ, you're right!!

Quote: Godot Taxis @ April 5 2008, 3:09 PM BST

Merton's ... been coasting for years.

We agree.

Quote: zooo @ April 5 2008, 3:11 PM BST

Mmmm, Boris.

When exactly is the new Mayor being elected?
After that they could have him back on again.

I dunno. After that, I think it'd be a bit harder to get him back on the show. (May 1st, if I recall correctly.)

Quote: zooo @ April 6 2008, 10:43 PM BST

Good christ, you're right!!

I bet he's on the one I've got tickets for...

I can't wait!
It would be nice to see Deyton back as permanent host, it's been ages now since all the crap with him, noone's gonna be bothered about bringing it back up now are they? If not him then some other person, the novelty of guest hosts is wearing thin for me and starting to bore me a bit tbh.

Guest presenters wouldn't be as boring if they didn't just keep booking the same ones every series. Some of the funniest ones are when they haven taken a risk with a presenter- Brucie, or Anne Widdecombe- does anyone actually remember any of the shows that Alexander Armstrong has presented?

Anne and Boris for the win!