My Family - Series 8

Since we've begun chatting about Series 8 in the Series 7 thread, I thought it'd be best to create a new one. If only for reviews etc. The first episode airs next Friday (April 11th), at 9pm on BBC One.

SITCOM: My Family
On: BBC 1
Date: Friday 11th April 2008
Time: 21:00 to 21:30

The Parent Trap. Series 8, episode 1.

Sitcom about a dentist and his family. Ben takes delivery of a neighbour's plasma screen television and falls in love with it, but it seems that Michael's current love interest may be expecting a delivery of something smaller but more problematic.

Starring: Robert Lindsay, Zoë Wanamaker, Gabriel Thomson, Siobhan Hayes, Keiron Self, Daniela Denby-Ashe

I actually like the synopsis for this episode as men with plasma screen TVs are funny.

Ask my dad lol.

Just six episodes in this series. Series 9 has also being filmed. Last of the Summer Wine- Watch out!

Damn it though- it clashes with Benidorm. Why can't it be like the good old days and be a 8.30 Friday night sitcom.

I can't wait to see it.

Quote: Jack Massey @ April 4 2008, 2:00 PM BST

Just six episodes in this series. Series 9 has also being filmed. Last of the Summer Wine- Watch out!

Damn it though- it clashes with Benidorm. Why can't it be like the good old days and be a 8.30 Friday night sitcom.

You need to get a Top Up TV box! :)

No no, what's the point when there's Iplayer.

1) iPlayer doesn't give you access to dozens of extra channels.
2) iPlayer only allows access to BBC channels, and even then it doesn't always work.
3) iPlayer forces you to watch the shows on your computer.
4) iPlayer has time limits.
5) etc...

An observation I made watching the first episode last night, Zoe Wannamaker has a new hair style for every episode. This new one isn't one of her best.

Thought it was a good episode, but where did Alfie go?

Quote: Andrew M Bedell @ April 12 2008, 9:49 AM BST

An observation I made watching the first episode last night, Zoe Wannamaker has a new hair style for every episode. This new one isn't one of her best.

Thought it was a good episode, but where did Alfie go?

The cutting room floor, where he should have been last series.

Quote: Aaron @ April 12 2008, 10:59 AM BST

The cutting room floor, where he should have been last series.

I'm guessing he was brought in as a poor replacement for Nick, but i agree, he didnmt bring anything to the show.

Will watch the repeat as I watched Benidorm last night. Repeated tomorrow afternoon. Next Fridays episode looks a good one- the first without Zoe Wanamaker- Ben gets involved in a hold up at a bank.

But, but, does that mean no Michael?

I don't know. I yes, I forgot, you have a bit of a thing for him.

Is Michael the youngest son? By the way, what's meant to have happened to the lanky oldest son, who used to pretend to be a Cockney?

I don't know what's happened to the oldest son. He wasn't in the last series either was he?

Quote: catskillz @ April 12 2008, 5:27 PM BST

Is Michael the youngest son?

That's him!