Facebook Page 73

I've heard of this sort of thing but it's the first time it's happened to me. I've been defriended by somebody because I still have her ex-husband on my friend list.

Quote: keewik @ August 5 2012, 10:12 PM BST

I've heard of this sort of thing but it's the first time it's happened to me. I've been defriended by somebody because I still have her ex-husband on my friend list.

That's really quite not normal. You've had a lucky escape.

Quote: keewik @ June 15 2012, 11:23 PM BST

Have just seen a picture of somebody I haven't actually seen for 20 years and I want to weep. Where is her long hair? Why is she twice the size? Why does she look so .... Conventional? This isn't the person I knew.

Quite possibly it isn't

I saw a school mate of mine living in a tree, turns out it was a squirrel

Quote: AJGO @ August 5 2012, 11:46 PM BST

That's really quite not normal. You've had a lucky escape.

She used to be a good friend, then they went abroad. I'm not the only one she's done this to, but it's her problem.

Quote: keewik @ August 5 2012, 10:12 PM BST

Happens a lot, people seem to like cutting all ties to their exes. It's a shame, I often make very good friends with my friends' partners, then the relationship ends and I lose a mate!

Quote: keewik @ June 15 2012, 11:23 PM BST

Have just seen a picture of somebody I haven't actually seen for 20 years and I want to weep. Where is her long hair? Why is she twice the size? Why does she look so .... Conventional? This isn't the person I knew.

Well, 20 years is a long time! Do you look like you did 20 years ago?

Quote: Harridan @ August 6 2012, 12:03 AM BST

Happens a lot, people seem to like cutting all ties to their exes. It's a shame, I often make very good friends with my friends' partners, then the relationship ends and I lose a mate!

Actually yes, apart from the extra lines and weight.

Quote: Harridan @ August 6 2012, 12:03 AM BST

Quote: keewik @ August 6 2012, 12:05 AM BST

I would imagine that's probably more unusual

I'm a creature of habit and don't change my hair.

Quote: Tursiops @ May 22 2012, 7:27 PM BST

I have never figured out the point of Facebook. The site just seems a complete shambles and the only friend requests I get are from people I had been hoping never to see again. I would delete my account if I did not know that it would be sure to be a pain in the arse working out how to do it.

Have sometimes got request from people I knew of but had never spoken to. Usually friends of friends of friends who were a few years below or above me at school. Same used to happen with Messenger. Just becuase I can point you out in a crowd doesn't mean I want to communicate with you.

Also had the odd request from people asking if I'm the person they worked with eons ago- don't think my birthdate is set to private so a look at that would tell you I'm not the person you worked with 30 years ago.

Quote: sootyj @ August 5 2012, 11:47 PM BST

I saw a school mate of mine living in a tree, turns out it was a squirrel

What colour?

Quote: Kenneth @ August 6 2012, 5:45 AM BST

What colour?

racist

I defriended someone this weekend because they posted a photo of a big pool of vomit their child had produced on a trampoline, titled something like 'kids- what are they like?'. I always feel a bit bad defriending but that was just too yucky for me, and they hadn't even prettied it up with an instagram filter Angry

Quote: KC82 @ August 6 2012, 11:46 AM BST

and they hadn't even prettied it up with an instagram filter Angry

Laughing out loud

Jesus.

I am tempted to unfriend people when they show pics of kids covered in food and God knows what. No that is not cute, it's disgusting.
But vomit is just another level!

Quote: zooo @ August 6 2012, 12:09 PM BST

Jesus.

I am tempted to unfriend people when they show pics of kids

Agreed :)