Facebook

Has anybody found anything actually useful on Facebook? When the initial hilarity of throwing virtual pies at people has ebbed, what’s left? Errr

Nope.

The useful thing about it for me is: when I want to chat/catch up with friends, but I'm in no rush for a reply (i.e. I don't phone them), it means I don't have to waste phone credit texting them. I'm anti- all these applications anyway, they get in the way of what was the main attraction of facebook, it's simplicity.

Do none of your friends have e-mail accounts?

Yeah, but that is completely different. I only use emails to keep in touch with family members, and that is the same with all my friends. DO you really email people to catch up with them?

Most of my friends don't even have facebook.

Neanderthals.

Yeah, how backwards can you get? Rolling eyes

I've got facebook, and I've got 3 friends on it. Get me!

I have 2 facebooks and no friends Laughing out loud

Quote: Charisma @ February 25, 2008, 12:42 PM

Yeah, but that is completely different. I only use emails to keep in touch with family members, and that is the same with all my friends. DO you really email people to catch up with them?

Assuming I had anyone I wished to catch up with, then yes, I would. But I don't, so I don't.

I got 5!
1-I use it to keep in contact with my friends who live back in my home town (a 6 hour drive away).
2-I'm currently using it to organize a group project for my "Governmental Organizations" class (or as my prof says " How to better serve Her Majesty's Government" class).
3- I also have a few applications that I have grown fond of like ILife that let's me know when up coming concerts are taking place in my city.
4-I check people's birthdays every day using Facebook because I can't remember any dates.
5-Use it to post random things I find on the internet that I think are funny.
Yay Facebook!

Quote: ian_w @ February 25, 2008, 12:49 PM

Yeah, how backwards can you get? Rolling eyes

I've got facebook, and I've got 3 friends on it. Get me!

Aw! :) :( :D ;) :O :P Laughing out loud Angry :$ Teary Cool Huh? Rolling eyes Pleased >_< Errr Whistling nnocently :S Sick Wave Angelic Lovey Here's some friends for you Ian

Awww, thanks up4it!

Get rid of that last one though, I think it's a stalker.

Can I have it? I use facebook to keep in touch with all the high class hores [yes Aaron I know it's a w but I'm beating the firewall] I'm going to during my long 'hot' Summer hols. Whistling nnocently

Anyone can be my fawend on facebook.
Just search Charley Rance in the London network.

It does seem like an empty shell of a program. Not much use bar the frivolity of a quick note to people you'd never normally have ever seen again.

However, speaking as an IT Database-y person, off-site backups for your photos -- invaluable. What if your house/flat burnt down and you lost all those photos/hard drive it was on? Could be important as insurance.

Admittedly, that is nothing that Picasa or multiple others doesn't do, but it is a 'usefulness of Facebook'.

But yes, mostly I use it for Scrabulous...

Dan