Facebook Page 70

Quote: DaButt @ March 10 2012, 2:03 PM GMT

One of my brother's childhood friends de-friended me 5 minutes ago because I posted a Snopes link in response to a dubious claim about Denzel Washington that's been making the rounds since 2004.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/military/denzel.asp

Well I hope you've learnt your lesson - no facts on the internet, please, they belong in the library. Rolling eyes

It always annoys me that someone will believe a far-fetched story that's been forwarded to them but they'll refuse to back down when confronted with the truth.

DaButt, have you met Religion? ;)

LOL.

Nobody can prove or disprove the existence of God. Proving that a Hollywood actor didn't write a check to pay for a housing unit is easy to do, however.

I once a few years back put an update on FB saying that I just shagged my husband in the bathroom. I forgot the fact that my boys, mum, dad, mother and father in law, brothers, sister, brother in law etc etc were friends of mine. I only realised when my dad rang me up and had a right go at me. He went mental. Now I keep reasonably clean. ;(

I don't understand why people feel the need to share all the intimate details of their lives with everyone they know? Do your friends really want to know when and where you have sex?

Quote: Charley @ March 11 2012, 1:04 AM GMT

I once a few years back put an update on FB saying that I just shagged my husband in the bathroom.

Yep, the Facebook crowd may not be able to keep up. Then again, if every shag you've had needs to be announced, then maybe that's not the best course of action either.

Personally, if I've had a shag, I don't need to make it public. I'll leave that to the bint involved to celebrate my love.

Best to use Twitter for Shag info
& Myspace for the music that was playing at the time.

Quote: Harridan @ March 11 2012, 1:08 AM GMT

I don't understand why people feel the need to share all the intimate details of their lives with everyone they know? Do your friends really want to know when and where you have sex?

I Totaly understand the need to share those facts. It was in reply to all those booooooring updates like "I had fried egg" etc.

And as I barely get any action, I do like everyone to know that I actually got some that year.

But it was a nice fried egg :(

[quote name="Renegade Carpark" post="859964" date="March 11 2012, 1:20 AM GMT"

Personally, if I've had a shag, I don't need to make it public. I'll leave that to the bint involved to celebrate my love.[/quote]
I thought the derogatory term "bint" only applied to women?

Facebook seems to think I'm in my hometown in Florida and tags all of my posts accordingly. I haven't been there in 5 years.

Well Facebook has started filling my email pages up with alerts about what my 'friends' are doing, even tho I've not been on it for a year and have no interested in what they're doing. I don't know how to stop it. I shall have to rescind my membership I suppose, tho I was trying to avoid that for fear of upsetting someone. I wish FB would just FO.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ March 11 2012, 6:21 PM GMT

Well Facebook has started filling my email pages up with alerts about what my 'friends' are doing, even tho I've not been on it for a year and have no interested in what they're doing. I don't know how to stop it. I shall have to rescind my membership I suppose, tho I was trying to avoid that for fear of upsetting someone. I wish FB would just FO.

I had that problem a while ago, too. If you can locate your email notifications there should be a box there that you can untick. God knows how you find it, though - for some reason they think it's good practice to move everything around every other week.