Sorry! Page 2

Why would that be a problem?

You really don't know Aaron do you? It's in the rules of the site, and Aaron (as Admin) takes it very seriously. Just letting you know, I really couldn't care myself. :D

Thanks for that. I did not really know that as I have not been on this site that many times. :)

That's ok, you may want to check the rules out then.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/forums/thread/12189

Waiting for Series 3, bought Series 1 and 2 on Amazon in 2004. Good show -always thought it was good that it had a familar sitcom concept; someone trapped in a place they don't want to be (in Timothy Lumsden's case, at home with his mother), and gave the protagaonist a happy ending in that he managed to escape.

I always thought Sorry! was a nice gentle comedy, certainly not a classic in the same league as Rising Damp, Only Fools And Horses etc, but an entertaining piece of comedy escapism none the less.

Not a classic, but a great sitcom vehicle for Ronnie Corbett. I liked it. But I've only seen early episodes, I do believe from sources it was a show that out-stayed its welcome.

Quote: Jack Massey @ April 30 2009, 10:21 PM BST

Not a classic, but a great sitcom vehicle for Ronnie Corbett. I liked it. But I've only seen early episodes, I do believe from sources it was a show that out-stayed its welcome.

Knowing when to quit is very difficult. Some go way to soon, others linger, slowly trashing their reputation in the process. Not sure where Sorry! stands on that scale, but I remember enjoying it. And it was the closest Ronnie Corbett ever got to a succesful sitcom (a great shame, as I love him).

Seven series is hardly unsuccessful!

Dan

I watched a few times when it was repeated either on BBC1 or BBC2 a few years back (culd be late 90s) and it was ok - ish but it mainly bored me.

I'm sure the title was a kind of upfront apology before it was broadcast!

As a big Corbett fan I have fairly fond memories of it as well. But it must be 15 years since I saw an episode, so God knows how it stands up now.

It's still pretty good now. The theme tune alone makes it stand up well!

Dan

Good to know. I'm not buying it though despite Aaron's Amazon link. I don't want him to make anything.

I saw the first couple of series a couple of years ago. Great theme tune and opening. I thought it was good. I liked the bit where he got dressed up as a cat to go out. Am yet to see the later series though.

I loved watching Sorry aswell.I use to adore his sister Muriel,who was played by the sensationally beautiful Marguerite Hardiman.