Sorry!

I'm sure this will have been mentioned before, but one of the great treats when I was growing up was 'Sorry' starring Ronnie Corbett. As far as I know, no repeats of this are ever shown. I thought it was a great sitcom and Ronnie was fantastic in this. It also had the occasional moments of real melancholy and emotion. Perhaps my childhood memories are rose-tinted, it would be nice to know what others thought of it.

It's had outings on UKTV Drama quite recently actually. Thought it was ok. Not great, but ok. I found it almost unwatchable though. Not because it was bad, but because I just didn't like any of the characters. His mother for obvious reasons, his father didn't seem to be in it very much so the emotional connection wasn't established, and Timothy himself, for being such a spineless wanker. Even when he did stand up to his mother, it seemed an utterly pathetic attempt, and immediately crumbled. I always found myself getting angry at the TV and wishing I could go and punch each and every one of them!

2entertain are releasing the series at the moment if you want to watch again. Series one is already out, and two in a month. :)

See Amazon product listing [p=http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/3361187/Sorry-Series-1/Product.html]

See Amazon product listing [p=http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/3586019/Sorry-Series-2/Product.html]

Perhaps because I grew up in the more family-oppressive 70's and 80's the situation was funny to me. You would have found blokes not too far from Timothy Lumsden around at that time. And it was a great performance from Ronnie, and there were some good comebacks to his mother (especially related to her cooking).

I saw an episode recently and thought how dated it is.

And it used to be staple viewing for me back in the 80's.

I think it's ace! Bought the DVDs of series one and two, back when they were first released and hope they get as far as releasing the others. Like you Tim, I remember watching it as a kid and still thinks it stands up well now.

It's on UKTV Gold every morning at 6:20 if you wanted to watch.

I stand by my assertion that there is *no* better theme tune in sitcom!

Dan

I used to watch it a few weeks back before going to work. Dated but harmless fun.

Better than bleedin' Power Rangers blasted out me TV at 100Db! Angry

Yes Tummble. But that's like saying "Winning £1,000,000 is better than eating stones and stroking George Bush's legs." Kind of a no-brainer.

Quote: Aaron @ February 18, 2008, 12:52 PM

Yes Tummble. But that's like saying "Winning £1,000,000 is better than eating stones and stroking George Bush's legs." Kind of a no-brainer.

Laughing out loud

Of all the examples you could come up what on earth posessed you to have 'stroking George Bush's legs' high on your list? Whatever your fetish it expresses your point admirably. :D

I just thought of the worst thing possible. *shudder*

Quote: swerytd @ February 18, 2008, 12:22 PM

I stand by my assertion that there is *no* better theme tune in sitcom!

Dan

Definitely. A point alluded to by Matt Berry on Charlie Brooker's screen-wipe when he was paying tribute to the late, great Ronnie Hazelhurst.

I like it. Not a masterpiece by any means, but found it really funny first time round and still funny, but not as funny today. Stuart Maconie in his DVD article in the Radio Times said it was very underated and he often slags off sitcom DVD's in his reviews.

I really did enjoy Sorry!. I bought the available series on DVD and waiting for the next series to come out. Still just as funny...

Edited by Aaron.

Watch your capitalisation Rob, or Aaron'll have your guts for garters.

Watch my what?

Edited by Aaron.

'Little letters' where 'big letters' should be... :)