Little Miss Jocelyn Page 5

I missed it last night, I will have to watch it on bbc iplayer
if anyone else missed it here is a link: http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/page/item/b008pfcq.shtml

Quote: jake how @ January 11, 2008, 6:28 PM

I missed it last night, I will have to watch it on bbc iplayer
if anyone else missed it here is a link: http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/page/item/b008pfcq.shtml

I wouldn't bother if I were you.

I put myself through it because a friend of mine said he had an extras part - never saw him though.

Bloody awful!

All she does is shout, talk with an exaggerated stupid accent and take the piss out of blacks!

Sounds like a female Omid Djalili.

One little crumb of charity for LMJ, I do believe she is a potentially very good comic actress. If only she had a stronger director to tell that 'less is more'.

But who the hell told her she could write the whole goddam series by herself (or indeed, write)?

Why is there this persistence at the BBC that if someone shows comic performance potential it follows they can write funny as well.
This is where the BBC is really letting us down, a show needs a strong producer, a strong director and a VERY strong team of writers. Who performs the stuff in any comedy show should be the FINAL step of the process.

Quote: Tim Walker @ January 12, 2008, 10:11 AM

One little crumb of charity for LMJ, I do believe she is a potentially very good comic actress. If only she had a stronger director to tell that 'less is more'.

But who the hell told her she could write the whole goddam series by herself (or indeed, write)?

I agree - te same applies to Catherine Tate.

Quote: frostyboy @ January 11, 2008, 6:27 PM

Watching Little Miss Jocelyn is less fun than spending 23 hours a day locked in a prison cell with a nymphomaniac who is doing porridge after being convicted of rape, and who incidentally also happens to be in possession of an 18" penis.

Have you met Charley? Saw LMJ on cookery prog this morning [sad I know] whilst she seems a nice enough gal she doesn't seem to have what you would call biting whit. And before you say it no, just because you're a nice person doesn't mean you can put out the drivel I saw the other night. And yes, somebody at the Beeb should have their testicles removed for allowing that to happen.

I thought the crabs thing was pretty funny the first time round.
Over and over again though, like all her other jokes, erm...no.

Oiiiiiiii Roscoff Laughing out loud
LMJ is shite! Sorry but it is dire. I liked the threadworm sketch but after that it just all went down the toilet.
It's a shame. I so wanted it to be good. I like things done by women & there should be MORE! Karen Taylor or whatever is Shite too. Shame!!!!!!!

I have watched a few LMJ sketches and didn't like her performance or the writing.. so I channel hopped away.. I'll give her another go sometime but I'm in no hurry..

well i've managed to see a bit. Like Wooton I didn't laugh in the first 10 mins so I switched off.

Just tried to watch it again...nope still hate it!

Words fail me.

Same here!

Very poor.

It's lowest common denomiator humour and I cannot stand it!

However, I found these comments on IMDB regarding it:

"I luv it! Me n my girls always talk and laugh abt it! Even at the gym! There's just so much to laugh at!

The characters are excellent! The acting is the BEST! her facial expressions make me laugh the most!"

It obviously has an audience.

This woman can't even do the Nigerian accent properly.