Little Miss Jocelyn Page 2

Yeah - she's rubbish!

Bring back Karen Taylor. Love her as the school teacher.

Quote: Aaron @ January 5, 2008, 6:46 PM

But still, as I say, token ethnic. If she wasn't black, she would still be stacking shelves in ASDA.

Harsh!!
She's been on telly since 2003 so she can't be empirically crap.

I don't like her shows either though.

Quote: zooo @ January 5, 2008, 8:34 PM

Harsh!!

But true.

Quote: zooo @ January 5, 2008, 8:34 PM

Harsh!!
She's been on telly since 2003 so she can't be empirically crap.

I don't like her shows either though.

Run through her credits then. I bet it's all shite!

Hee. Okay.

The Lenny Henry Show
3 Non Blondes
Comedy Shuffle
Babymother
After You've Gone
Holby City
And
The Fast Show (hah! There's a good one.)

I feel I've both lost and won my point.

Sooo she's been in a few things - I note that the only decent ones were where she obviously only played a 'bit part' though.

All true.
I just thought the Asda thing was a bit mean.

At least give her Waitrose.

Laughing out loud

(I almost did, but then thought it seemed a bit ... Poshish.)

It seems to be one of those programmes where lazy people sit down to watch it and can't be arsed to watch something that requires effort to enjoy, and convince themselves it's comedy without once pausing to actually realise they haven't laughed once during the whole thing or even found something amusing.

Then next week when it's on again they've got bugger all else to do hear the announcer say "and next some hilarious comedy" and sit down to repeat the whole sorrowful process when on BBC Four something like Charlie Brooker is on which is genuinely hillarious but requires you to actually pay attention whilst watching.

But LMJ does require effort to enjoy.

No it doesn't, you put in mountains of effort just to sqeeze the smallest bit of comedy out and nothing happens, but if you just sit back and vegetize then perhaps a woman in pantomime dame levels of ridiculous makeup shouting at you could be mistaken for comedy.

No, not at all. It's so bad it surpasses all of that. You have to try REALLY, REALLY hard to find anything funny in that show.

I'm guessing Aaron, that you're not a fan?

He's not alone.

I can't understand why the BBC have promoted the show from BBC3 to BBC2. Personally, I found self-immolation to be suddenly rather tempting, whilst watching the first episode of Little Miss Jocelyn back in 2006.