Little Miss Jocelyn Page 3

Quote: frostyboy @ January 7, 2008, 1:56 PM

I can't understand why the BBC have promoted the show from BBC3 to BBC2.

WHAT?! Seriously? I hadn't picked up on that. F**k. I mean ... Christ. Just... Christ.

Lead Balloon series two also debuted on BBC2 rather than BBC4 with one repeat on 4 - which is why i missed most of them.

Mighty Boosh and Ideal remain tucked away in late night slots while garbage like LMJ gets pushed to the front.

Expect to see the 2nd series of the execrable Gavin & Stacey debut on BBC2. I'll put money on it.

And Smoking Room got dropped. Just after it won Baftas.

It is beyond be-flipping-lief.

Quote: zooo @ January 6, 2008, 12:36 AM

I feel I've both lost and won my point.

Laughing out loud

I think a white woman pretending to be a nigerian Traffic Warden would be way more funny than Jocelyn doing it :)

I just tried to do a Nigerian accent then. It was indeed hilarious. But for possibly all the wrong reasons.

this is the worst sketch show I have ever seen and Iv managed to sit through an episode of titty bang bang. BBC3 is unbelievably hit and miss just now.

I saw her interviewed on R&J today, and she was really nice and funny. Feel guilty now for slagging her off. If in fact I did.
Her show still isn't to my taste, obviously, but she is genuinely quite funny and sarcastic in person.

This is one of the worst pieces of television I have ever seen. 90% of her characters have the exact same nigerian accent, and she is just so loud its painful.

I would say this beats even TittyBangBang for worst sketch show ever, because at least with Tittybangbang it is obvious the two leads, in particular Lucy Montgomery, are talented actresses.

Miss Jocelyn has no talent whatsoever and only has a job making "comedy" at the BBC because she is a black woman.

This is dreadful, how has this happened?

When Sir Richard Madeley said that she was the first black woman to get her own sketch show she said 'yes, but I can't use that forever, it's got to actually be funny.'

So, although we here (apparently) don't happen to find her funny, she has at least got her head screwed on.

This is really good. I really enjoyed it!

Just kidding. It sucks.

Quote: zooo @ January 10, 2008, 9:03 PM

When Sir Richard Madeley said that she was the first black woman to get her own sketch show she said 'yes, but I can't use that forever, it's got to actually be funny.'

So, although we here (apparently) don't happen to find her funny, she has at least got her head screwed on.

Pff, she has to say stuff like that anyway!

The only thing that matters is that the show's Godawful, nothing else.

I mean, I'm sure she's lovely. But that doesn't mean she should be on the telly. She can just as easily have her head screwed on working as a travel agent.

Tonight's episode of Little Miss Jocelyn was so awful, that I've been left traumatized.

I suppose the fact that I made myself endure the entire episode, means that I am now a self-harmer.

Laughing out loud I avoided it like the plague...the adverts for it put me off...I don't want to hear someone screaming like that on purpose!!

I found one sketch in particular to be rather tasteless and offensive. The 'joke' was that a black person was racially abusing another black person, but she really crossed the line.

But anyway, 'tasteless and offensive' could adequately describe any sketch in Little Miss Jocelyn.