Little Miss Jocelyn Page 6

Awful sketches, awful acting, just flat out terrible. The target audience is obviously braindead morons. But that said good louck to her shes more succesful then me.

Felix Dexter did a brilliant Nigerian character on The Real McCoy, (or some other show from the 90s anyway.) He was hilarious.

She should watch some videos!

I love Felix Dexter in "Down the Line".

Quote: Winterlight @ January 18, 2008, 9:56 AM

It's lowest common denomiator humour and I cannot stand it!

However, I found these comments on IMDB regarding it:

"I luv it! Me n my girls always talk and laugh abt it! Even at the gym! There's just so much to laugh at!

The characters are excellent! The acting is the BEST! her facial expressions make me laugh the most!"

It obviously has an audience.

I bet you £100 that those were submitted by Jocelyn and her friends.

(*Not a real bet.)

Little Miss Jocelyn?

Don't make me laugh!

Honest.

The money would have been better spent if Fern Britton had her own sketch show!

This really does stink of tokenism.

Nothing funny in it. Even the adverts for it concentrate on her shouting and screaming. Is that funny?

Quote: David Chapman @ January 18, 2008, 8:09 PM

This really does stink of tokenism.

It really, really does, doesn't it? Most sketch shows (comedies in general actually), although I may not find them funny personally, I can at least see where the humour is meant to be. Little Miss Jocelyn though ... Christ on ice. Most of it just seemed to have no point to it at all, certainly no attempt at humour. It is just really, really bad.

Seriously, if she wasn't black, there'd be some kind of court order against her contacting or being within 30ft of someone working in the television industry.

I think she's got a lot of potential. What I mean is, she seems to have really good timing and clowning ability, but, unfortunately, her writing sucks (apart from that sketch in which she thinks her work-mates are unaware that she's black). I reckon I could write some good sketches for her.

Well you'd be pretty hard-pressed to write anything worse.

It makes a mockery of the idea that you have to have quality material to get on telly. I've honestly never been able to stomach more than about 30 seconds of her stuff. :(

I was wondering if there might be a huge popular audience for it, but even given the hype I can't see beyond tokenism.

It started off with 500,000 viewers for its first episode on BBC3, seemed to disappear, then popped up with 450K a few weeks later. It's safe to asusme that the first series lost viewers on BBC 3 and was outperformed by repeats of Catherine Tate. However, she got a second series and and is now plummeting down the ratings of BBC2.

I think the commissioning editor thought "OMG she's like a black Goodness Gracious Me! LOOLZORS!!11!" And just threw coke stained tenners at her before going off to wave his limp penis at a crack whore round the back of the Ivy.

I think she's maybe a comic actress that wanted to create loads of hilarious stereotypes, but forgot to write any jokes for them.

It's a shame because she's confirming stereotypes by holding them up as intrinsically funny, instead of either ridiculing a section of society that deserves it(a la Alf Garnett) or challenging wider society's perceptions (a la "going for an English").

Of course the main problem is that its just not funny.

Must try harder.

Quote: Lurkio @ January 23, 2008, 4:45 PM

I think the commissioning editor thought "OMG she's like a black Goodness Gracious Me! LOOLZORS!!11!" And just threw coke stained tenners at her before going off to wave his limp penis at a crack whore round the back of the Ivy.

LOL, scarily accurate, I fear!

Well if it really is as bad as people on here think it is then surely it won't be given a 3rd series.

I admit last week's episode kinda sucked but I thought the first week was pretty good, Nothing I'd go out of my way to watch though.

Though I bet the same people who shitted on the programme the first week still watched it the 2nd week so they could shit on it even more.

And I guess that will continue because that's how silly some people are.

Quote: Richard Wells @ January 23, 2008, 6:42 PM

Well if it really is as bad as people on here think it is then surely it won't be given a 3rd series.

I admit last week's episode kinda sucked but I thought the first week was pretty good, Nothing I'd go out of my way to watch though.

Though I bet the same people who shitted on the programme the first week still watched it the 2nd week so they could shit on it even more.

And I guess that will continue because that's how silly some people are.

I think I said a mate of mine supposedly had an extras part so I watched the second - but if he did I'll just believe it because I don't want to prove it.