Doctor Who... Page 295

Quote: Gavin @ April 11 2009, 8:27 PM BST

Have you seen Battlestar Gallactica:Razor?

Not yet.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ April 11 2009, 8:32 PM BST

Not yet.

I wouldn't hold to much hope for it. I saw it couple of weeks back.

Quote: Gavin @ April 11 2009, 8:33 PM BST

I wouldn't hold to much hope for it. I saw it couple of weeks back.

I remember reading that it's not too great, but the series itself is superb.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ April 11 2009, 8:35 PM BST

I remember reading that it's not too great, but the series itself is superb.

The Series was pretty decent, I lost interest in it when the Cylons were looking for the missing Cylons. But generally it was good.

The final episode was stunning on multiple levels but there were some duffers enroute.

I wish Dr Who didn't feel the need to compete with the US big budgeters. It's smarter and more unique than any of them, I almost wished it took more pride in what's great about it.

I thought it was good. Nice pace and that's the first time I've seen a flying bus. I liked the police officer, and Lee Evans, also the bus passengers. I thought Michelle Ryan was great to. The villians were a bit poor though.

But if you don't like it, don't just blame it on RTD blame Gareth Roberts to. ;)

Cloverfield that's another example of good CGI and motion sickness.

Only good because the thing was never on screen for more than a couple of seconds at a time!

But what a few seconds eh

The original look for Cloverfield monster, wouldn't that have been cool?

Hmm interesting Dr Who episode... a few too many holes I thought. And the flying bus looked a bit iffy.

Cribbins is back soon though. I like Cribbins:)

The episode wasn't too bad.
After the warning the Psychic lady gave to the Doctor I have a pretty good idea of who his final adversary may be.

Don't we all! ;)

But if we could keep this thread relatively spoiler free, (or potential spoilers in tiny writing) that would be swell.

I'm not usually right with these things anyway.
I thought the Daleks would win last time.

On the bright side Lee Evans was good.

The bird who played the posh jewel thief was kind of dire.

Otherwise a typical RTD episode, short on ideas, lazily plotted, self-referential and complete with a CGI smug set piece - cor a flying London bus!! - and a soapy dragged out ending.

Quote: Nil Putters @ April 11 2009, 10:42 AM BST

Martha, I've seen enough of.

Not seeing her at all would have been too much.

Quote: zooo @ April 12 2009, 12:37 AM BST

Don't we all! ;)

No.

Anyway. Good episode. Ish. Entertained me for an hour, and Lee Evans was brilliant as ever. God quite a few laughs from him.

Pity that they couldn't be bothered to get a bus that has ever operated in London though. They managed to include an Oyster reader, but missed that. More than a little inconsistent in their attention to detail.

Quite reminiscent in places of that shitting awful episode with the aeroplane tour thing, and everyone turning on each other.

Best not to comment on the flying bus really.