Doctor Who... Page 296

Quote: Aaron @ April 12 2009, 1:59 AM BST

Quite reminiscent in places of that shitting awful episode with the aeroplane tour thing, and everyone turning on each other.

Midnight ?

That was one of my favourites.
I was definitely surprised when I realised it was an RTD episode.
I thought it was written well & I found the simultaneous speech thing genuinely scary.

Quote: Fred Sunshine @ April 12 2009, 2:04 AM BST

Midnight ?

Mine too.

Aaron's right about the bus, mind.

Quote: Fred Sunshine @ April 12 2009, 2:04 AM BST

Midnight ?

Mine too; certainly one of the best episodes RTD has written for the show.

The great thing about Moffat taking over, is that you can look at a 'special' like this, and be reasonably hopeful that he wouldn't let something so nothing as that go out.

Maybe I had low expectations, but I really enjoyed Planet of the Dead. Michelle Ryan was the best companion DT has had. Certainly the best looking and the least annoying.

Quote: john lucas 101 @ April 14 2009, 1:24 PM BST

Michelle Ryan was the best companion DT has had.

Pah! She was ok.

Quote: john lucas 101 @ April 14 2009, 1:24 PM BST

Michelle Ryan was the best companion DT has had. Certainly the best looking and the least annoying.

She's got very kissable lips. I could imagine sucking on them for hours at a time. :$

Anyone would think men only watched TV shows for the laydees...

Quote: zooo @ April 14 2009, 1:43 PM BST

Anyone would think men only watched TV shows for the laydees...

Not at all. It's just she put the other lady companions in the shade a bit, methought.

Yeah, well, with her looks fine.
But that doesn't make her his best companion!

Makes her his best looking, if anything, surely.

Quote: zooo @ April 14 2009, 1:48 PM BST

Methinks zooo is experimenting with irony, considering one of her main reasons for watching Doctor Who is to drool over that Tennant chap.

Quote: zooo @ April 14 2009, 1:48 PM BST

And the least annoying.

Quote: chipolata @ April 14 2009, 1:49 PM BST

Methinks zooo is experimenting with irony, considering one of her main reasons for watching Doctor Who is to drool over that Tennant chap.

Nopes. He's my favourite Doctor because he's the best one. I probably fancied him partly because of that fact.

If I for some bizarre reason fancied Colin Baker, he still wouldn't be the best Doctor.

There is a difference. :)

Quote: zooo @ April 14 2009, 1:55 PM BST

If I for some bizarre reason fancied Colin Baker, he still wouldn't be the best Doctor.

Poor Colin Baker could be reading your cruel dismissive words now. Proud of yourself, are you, zooo? For making an old cherubic man cry?

:(

Sorry Colin.

Tate, in my eyes, was actually Tennants best companion. Some people are never going to agree because of all their Tate-hate baggage, but she was brilliant; the most complete actor of any of the companions. Though we still have Cribbins as a bona fide companion to come!