Doctor Who... Page 1,021

Well, there are two different strands at work here- the extreme oeuvre of Bret Easton Ellis (AP being considered by many to be a fantasy or satire; ie was Bateman actually committing murder, or was it all in his head) and the foul behaviour of The Sun and its ilk- echoing the unbelievable targetting of Frank Bruno after his breakdown, and their humiliating and pathetic about-turn later on, ie a feeble attempt to avoid losing 'readers'.
It seems that (surprise!) The Sun never learns, or never really changed. They will begin another witch hunt at the slightest provocation, and their depressing hold on popular culture will continue, and may dictate the views of some of the millions who take in those ill-considered headlines (they claim some balance in the body of the story, but the headlines rather ruin chance of real discussion; in reality, they had muddled the statistics).
So, to address the point, I believe that the appearance of this musical may have less of a negative effect than the Sun's scare-mongering. Culturally, I believe the use of 'psycho' here to be less stigmatising, similarly, Talking Heads and 'Psycho Killer', for instance. The Sun (and others such as Gervais and his cronies) who debase the language in this way currently hold sway in the popular imagination, which is depressing. Hopefully people will lift themselves above this crude and unthinking misuse of English and terminology and grow tired of it.

Okay then I'll reword.
Matt Smith could definitely play a murderer and/or murder fantasist. He's got the face of a wrong'n.

There, surely nothing remotely offensive in that. ;)

Absolutely. What am I doing up at this hour, anyway? :D

Due to be an announcement at midnight about the 'missing episodes' rumours which have gathered pace this week. I've read that four episodes of The Web of Fear have been found as well as five episodes of The Enemy of the World. Can't wait to see these! Hopefully others have been found too.

Quote: Ben @ October 10 2013, 7:55 PM BST

Due to be an announcement at midnight about the 'missing episodes' rumours which have gathered pace this week. I've read that four episodes of The Web of Fear have been found as well as five episodes of The Enemy of the World. Can't wait to see these! Hopefully others have been found too.

Finding The Web Of Fear is especially exciting. Yetis in the Underground!

I'm actually going to stay up for the announcement.

Ben totally broke the embargo. He will probably be hunted down by BBC yetis or something.

The Web Of Fear and Enemy Of The Wolrd, available on iTunes and soon on DVD. Well well, who would have thought it? And in such a big year for the show, too. Having these back is more exciting than the 50th special by a long, long way.

If you're a megageek maybe

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ October 11 2013, 1:20 PM BST

There's two things you need to know about me, Steve; I'm a proud megageek, and I'm a real good sex person.

Laughing out loud

Quote: Matthew Stott @ October 11 2013, 1:17 PM BST

The Web Of Fear and Enemy Of The Wolrd, available on iTunes and soon on DVD. Well well, who would have thought it? And in such a big year for the show, too. Having these back is more exciting than the 50th special by a long, long way.

I couldn't agree more. Would have liked Wheel in space or the moonbase but it's still fantastic news.

I'm loving your new avatar too - sorry I know I'm supposed to hate you.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ October 11 2013, 1:20 PM BST

You utter, utter c**t.

No-one's ever called me a geek brylcreem boy.

Is it a cyber accordion?

Always said they were Space Gypos?

Quote: Godot Taxis @ October 11 2013, 6:09 PM BST

I'm loving your new avatar too -

It's actually me in the costume.

Ooh.

(If that pic works.)