Doctor Who... Page 1,016

Quote: george roper @ August 5 2013, 8:28 PM BST

i think it would be great to have a lady timelord?
i think lacey turner should play the lady timelord or michelle keegan

i think lacey turner should play the lady timelord or michelle keegan

I'm not convinced, should The Doctor have a female incarnation, she would wish to be known as a "lady timelord".

Wouldn't she get really stroppy when going through time periods?

Pah

She wouldn't get the job done

"Tardis needs Hoovering"

"can't fight the Cybermen today, got to get the shopping done"

Exfoliate

Exfoliate

Hilarity.

The problem with having a female doctor is she would have to have a male assistant. And that just goes against nature.

Boys are funny.

I thought they had Timeladies already
Romanadvoratrelundar was one.

I don't know why suddenly they can change sex, I bet RTD wrote that one in

I don't understand this obsession with getting a female Doctor.

It's a male character, always has been. That's okay. Nobody asks for a female James Bond or Batman.

The whole female Timelord thing is just futile feminist wank. There was an article lamenting it in yesterday's Guardian - as well as the fact that he wasn't black.

The whole point of equality is that you don't need a woman to represent a woman or a black man to represent a black man. Equality means a straight, white man can represent a gay black woman - or vice versa.

If he did regenerate into a bird he would still be called a Timelord, rather than a Timelady in the way that actresses are now called actors by f**kwits who don't understand that gendered nouns have no oppressive function.

Every year at the Oscars you can read in the Guardian how an 'actor' has won 'Best Supporting Actress'. Twats.

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ August 6 2013, 1:06 AM BST

I don't understand this obsession with getting a female Doctor.

It's a male character, always has been. That's okay. Nobody asks for a female James Bond or Batman.

Same here. If 50 years ago they had made The Doctor a female, black, or purple and orange polka dot and kept it that way - I doubt there would now be people saying it must be a white man!

Also from some reactions, you would think they had chosen a 95 year old actor. Maybe it's just me but I don't ever really think of The Doctor as been around the age they look. I've only watched it as an adult though, don't know if that makes a difference.

I'm sure there will be someone next time James Bond or batman is cast saying it should be a lady.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ August 6 2013, 1:16 AM BST

...in the way that actresses are now called actors by f**kwits who don't understand that gendered nouns have no oppressive function.

Every year at the Oscars you can read in the Guardian how an 'actor' has won 'Best Supporting Actress'. Twats.

Language is fluid and ever evolving - what sounds wrong to one generation sounds right to another. I personally have no problem with an actress being referred to as an Actor, in the same way I have no problem with a Doctress being referred to as a Doctor.

I remember Nat Wicks got rather leftist when I referred to someone (maybe her) as a comedienne. As Godot states, they're not detrimental nouns.

Quote: Ben @ August 6 2013, 11:34 AM BST

I remember Nat Wicks got rather leftist when I referred to someone (maybe her) as a comedienne. As Godot states, they're not detrimental nouns.

How odd. I see it as rightist. For as long as discussions on terminology can be strung out, it's the perfect smokescreen for ongoing economic inequality.

When do we get the next series of Who?