Doctor Who... Page 1,015

I hope this doesn't mean too much more comedy in Who.

He's not Peter Kay.

Two changes we're bound to see:

1) Little kids shitting themselves. He does intense and scary brilliantly, but I've yet to see his warm, cheery side.

2) No more sexual flirting with the young female companions. Not at his age.

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ August 4 2013, 11:27 PM BST

2) No more sexual flirting with the young female companions. Not at his age.

Why not?

Quote: billwill @ August 5 2013, 2:27 AM BST

Why not?

Does that chat up line ever work?

Hartnell as an older who was one of the best, so a return to a Hartnell or Davidson clever who could be a good thing,

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ August 4 2013, 11:27 PM BST

Two changes we're bound to see:

1) Little kids shitting themselves. He does intense and scary brilliantly, but I've yet to see his warm, cheery side.

He's quite warm in Local Hero, but then that was 30 years ago...

Great film

Great film

A cross between Peter Cushing and Dr David Owen (now Lord).

I think this is good news.
The guy's a made man - not a wannabe - so he will have thought long and hard about this gig.
Apart from a consummate actor he's a writer and a director - he will want this to be good.
I think he will have input - and that input will be good.

Here's hoping anyway.

Quote: billwill @ August 5 2013, 2:27 AM BST

Why not?

Not everyone in their later years has the same sexual charisma as you when it comes to women in their 20s, Bill.

Capaldi is only 55 -- half your age -- but I reckon Moffat would still be reluctant to write too much sexual tension into a script co-starring 27-year-old Jenna-Louise Coleman.

So how is the new Doctor going to first appear?
Here's my suggestion.

SCENE 1. DAY. INT.

IN THIS SCENE WE ONLY SEE THE DOCTOR FROM BEHIND. HE IS STANDING IN AN OLD WOOD PANELED ROOM. HE IS LOOKING AT A CLOSED CLOSET. A MAN WEARING BLACK ROBES ENTERS WITH TWO POLICEMEN.

MAN: Excuse me sir, how did you get in here. This room is kept permanently closed.

DOCTOR: It's ok, this is my room.

MAN: I'm sorry sir but you don't match the picture on your security pass.

DOCTOR: I get that a lot.

HE PRODUCES HIS PSYCHIC PAPER AND SHOWS IT TO THE MEN BEHIND HIM WITHOUT TURNING ROUND.

MAN: That's all ok Sir, sorry to have bothered you. I'll have your profile updated immediately.

DOCTOR: Good.

THE MAN TURNS AND LEAVES, THE TWO POLICEMEN LOOK AT EACH OTHER CONFUSED BUT FOLLOW THE MAN OUT OF THE ROOM.

THE DOCTOR OPENS THE CLOSET TO REVEAL ERMINE ROBES HANGING UP AND A GOLD LETTERED SIGN READING 'THE LAST LORD OF GALLIFREY'.

SCENE 2. DAY. INT.

THE DOCTOR IS STANDING IN THE CORRIDORS OF THE HOUSES OF PARLIAMENT. THE SHOT PANS UP HIS ERMINE ROBES AND WE SEE HIS FACE FOR THE FIRST TIME AS HE LOOKS UP AND TAKES IN HIS SURROUNDINGS.

DOCTOR: Something's never change.

SCENE 3. DAY. INT.

THE HOUSE OF LORDS. FULL OF ERMINE ROBED LORDS & LADIES ALL CHATTERING AWAY.

LORD SPEAKER: Silence in the house for the Last Lord Of Gallifrey.

LORD 1: (TO LADY SITTING NEXT TO HIM) Who? (SHE NODS)

DOCTOR: (SLOWLY RISES) My Lords... Ladies... oh bugger this. (HE PULLS OUT HIS SONIC SCREWDRIVER AND HOLDS IT ABOVE HIS HEAD, BATHING THE CHAMBER IN A BLUE UNDULATING LIGHT. WE SEE THE LORDS HAVE ALL SHAPE SHIFTED INTO ERMINE ROBED LIZARDS. WHO ARE ALL HISSING AND LOOKING VERY UNCOMFORTABLE)

DOCTOR: I just wanted you all to know, 'IKE' got me eyes on you.

HE PUTS THE SCREWDRIVER AWAY AND SWEEPS OUT OF THE CHAMBER LEAVING IT IN UPROAR. AS THE DR WHO THEME PLAYS...

Any other ideas?

playfull

The 50th and Christmas specials seem almost superfluous now. All anybody wants to see is Capaldi taking over.

Ahem, John Hurt!

A great choice - obviously - and if driven by Moffat, shows where his real creativity lies: casting. His 'choices' of Smith, Gillen and Capaldi have been genuinely faultless.

The show looks very safe going forward, especially as Moffat has been slapped down over his brain-sodomy storylines - from yesterday's Guardian:

Since its revival, Doctor Who has become one of the top five BBC "superbrands" - another is Top Gear - selling to about 50 countries. But after winning a UK audience of 10.8 million in 2005, it is now thought to need refreshment - and some less impenetrable plots.

And whoever put question marks on the header's collar is a f**king genius.

i think it would be great to have a lady timelord?
i think lacey turner should play the lady timelord or michelle keegan