Harry Hill's TV Burp! Page 5

Agree with all the comments in praise of Harry. He's truly a really great performer who appeals to everyone, which is a rarity. The weird thing is he's had it for a long time. I went to the same medical school as Harry (a good few years below him) and used to write and perform in the yearly revue. These had been videoed for years and so I saw Harry performing his very early stand-up work. What is remarkable is how as a younger man he nailed his style of comedy really early on and stuck with it.

Wow!

Did he wear the same clothes?..

He was certainly experimenting with the look. Harry's not the only comedian to come out of St George's Hospital Medical School, just the most famous. Another doing very well on the circuit is a mate of mine (iF Comedy Award nominated)Paul Sinha, who certainly makes more from stand-up than medicine. If you get a chance to see Paul I'd highly recommend it - consistently funny.

I've seen him on telly!
He's good.

And he's a lovely bloke to boot - a very good man to have on your quiz team as well. I'm still waiting for them to have him on HIGNFY - I can't remember the last time they had a gay Bengali GP on there.

Can't say I've seen or heard of him, but I'm sure you've just raised zooo's attention and interest further.

Laughing out loud

Harry Hill scares the shit out of me.

Aw!!

He's lovely!

Quote: Tim Walker @ March 2, 2008, 1:38 PM

He was certainly experimenting with the look. Harry's not the only comedian to come out of St George's Hospital Medical School, just the most famous.

Both of my kids came out of there. Well they were born there.

Quote: Charley @ March 2, 2008, 5:20 PM

You might scare him aswell lol.

Quote: Charley @ March 2, 2008, 5:20 PM

So you're never constipated then.

Harry Hill's TV Burp is one of the best programmes on tele. Some of the things they spot are amazing!

But it can also be one of the most dire. Sometimes he REALLY stretches to find something 'funny', and it just doesn't work. I don't think I laughed once at the episode last weekend, for example.

I admit, you can tell when they're filling, but still it's very rare I seen a dud episode.