Saturday Night Live?! Page 3

I didn't get to see Saturday Live Again! until last night, but I quite enjoyed it. Lee Mack was good, Michelle and Webb were good to begin with, but simmered, The 12 Days of Christmas song was quite good, the guys stuffing their faces with grapes/busciuts was very good, Ben Elton was okay in bits,the human slinky was great and Jimmy Carr was great too. Anything I forgot to mention was probably rubbish. Overall I'd give it 6.5 out of 10.

Never found Jimmy Carr funny. I felt it was like listening to a poor Steven Wright.

I enjoyed it and like Jimmy Carr. I don't like Ben Elton but find his delivery excellent and professional. I missed the 12 days of Christmas, was it this one?

DEAR JOHN
14 Dec 1992
Dearest John
What a delightful surprise this morning when the postman delivered your charming present – a partridge in a pear tree. You couldn’t have pleased me more.
With all my tenderest love. Agnes

………………………………………………
15 Dec 1992
Dearest John
And yet another sweet gift from you by this morning’s mail –just imagine two turtle doves – they are absolutely adorable. All my deepest love. Agnes.

…………………………………………………
16 Dec 1992
Dear John
You are an extravagant one but I really must protest- 3 French hens. I don’t deserve such generosity and I feel you should know I am running short of space for all these birds. Love Agnes.

…………………………………………………….
17 Dec 1992
Dear John
Whatever next? The postman has just delivered 4 calling birds. They are beautiful but don’t you think enough is enough? Affectionately, Agnes.

……………………………………………………..
18 Dec 1992
Dearest John
Now really, you surprised me this time- 5 golden rings. One for each finger. You are quite impossible but I love you for it all the same. I feel I ought to tell you that the squawking of all these birds is beginning to get a bit on my nerves. All my love Agnes.

……………………………………………………….
19 Dec 1992
Dear John
So we’re back to bloody birds again. 6- Geese a-laying on my front door step this morning. But where the hell am I going to keep them?
They are huge. Please stop John because the neighbours have started complaining and I can’t sleep through all the racket. Cordially, Agnes.

…………………………………………………….

20 Dec 1992
John.
What’s with you and all these frigging birds? 7 – Swans a-swimming. What kind of bleeding joke is this? These birds shit all over the lawn and the racket never stops. I’m becoming a nervous wreck, so for Christ’s sake stop sending these sodding birds.
Cordially, Agnes.

………………………………………………..
21 Dec 1992
OK you bastard
What the hell am I going to do with 8 – maids a-milking? Especially when they bring their goddam cows with them! I prefer the birds. There are feathers and crap all over the house and it’s beginning to look like a bloody zoo. Lay off me smartass! Agnes.

……………………………………………………
22 Dec 1992
You rotten sod.
What kind of sadist are you? 9 – Pipers piping? That is, if they’re not chasing the maids into the bushes and upsetting the cows who keep stepping on these frigging birds. The neighbours have started a petition to evict me. Jeez but you’ll get yours!

………………………………………………………..
23 Dec 1992
You Filthy Skunk
Now 10 – ladies dancing who spend their time being humped by those bloody pipers all night long. And that’s not all. The cows have diarrhoea and my living room is a river of shit. There are birds in the loo and goose feathers on my bed. You’ll rue the day, you swine! Agnes.

……………………………………………………………
24 Dec 1992
Shit Bag.
Now there are 11 – lords a-leaping all over the maids the sluts. They drove off the pipers who are now committing sodomy with the cows. All 23 birds have been trampled to death in the orgy and the stench is horrible. I hope you are satisfied, you malicious p*i*k.
Your sworn enemy, Agnes.

……………………………………………………………..
25 Dec 1992
Dear Sir
We wish to acknowledge your gift of 12 fiddlers fiddling which you have seen fit to inflict on our long suffering client, Miss Agnes McHolstein. The destruction was of course, total. We warn you, however, that should you try to see Miss Mcholstein at the Happy Day Sanatorium, the attendants have orders to shoot you on sight. We also enclose a warrant for your arrest.
Cordially, Bader, Bender, Cahole – Solicitors. :D :D

Quote: bushbaby @ December 3, 2007, 5:05 PM

I missed the 12 days of Christmas, was it this one?

Ha ha - those letters are good. It was actually Justin Edwards performing his drunken Jeremy Lions song. An earlier appearance of it is on YouTube

I actually liked him. I've seen it before, but it's still really funny.

Quote: Rosco @ December 3, 2007, 3:15 PM

Never found Jimmy Carr funny. I felt it was like listening to a poor Steven Wright.

I prefer to call him a foul-mouthed Steven Wright instead of a poor one. Both comics are hilarious when at there best.

Quote: bushbaby @ December 3, 2007, 5:05 PM

I enjoyed it and like Jimmy Carr. I don't like Ben Elton but find his delivery excellent and professional. I missed the 12 days of Christmas, was it this one?

DEAR JOHN
14 Dec 1992
Dearest John
What a delightful surprise this morning when the postman delivered your charming present – a partridge in a pear tree. You couldn’t have pleased me more.
With all my tenderest love. Agnes

………………………………………………
15 Dec 1992
Dearest John
And yet another sweet gift from you by this morning’s mail –just imagine two turtle doves – they are absolutely adorable. All my deepest love. Agnes.

…………………………………………………
16 Dec 1992
Dear John
You are an extravagant one but I really must protest- 3 French hens. I don’t deserve such generosity and I feel you should know I am running short of space for all these birds. Love Agnes.

…………………………………………………….
17 Dec 1992
Dear John
Whatever next? The postman has just delivered 4 calling birds. They are beautiful but don’t you think enough is enough? Affectionately, Agnes.

……………………………………………………..
18 Dec 1992
Dearest John
Now really, you surprised me this time- 5 golden rings. One for each finger. You are quite impossible but I love you for it all the same. I feel I ought to tell you that the squawking of all these birds is beginning to get a bit on my nerves. All my love Agnes.

……………………………………………………….
19 Dec 1992
Dear John
So we’re back to bloody birds again. 6- Geese a-laying on my front door step this morning. But where the hell am I going to keep them?
They are huge. Please stop John because the neighbours have started complaining and I can’t sleep through all the racket. Cordially, Agnes.

…………………………………………………….

20 Dec 1992
John.
What’s with you and all these frigging birds? 7 – Swans a-swimming. What kind of bleeding joke is this? These birds shit all over the lawn and the racket never stops. I’m becoming a nervous wreck, so for Christ’s sake stop sending these sodding birds.
Cordially, Agnes.

………………………………………………..
21 Dec 1992
OK you bastard
What the hell am I going to do with 8 – maids a-milking? Especially when they bring their goddam cows with them! I prefer the birds. There are feathers and crap all over the house and it’s beginning to look like a bloody zoo. Lay off me smartass! Agnes.

……………………………………………………
22 Dec 1992
You rotten sod.
What kind of sadist are you? 9 – Pipers piping? That is, if they’re not chasing the maids into the bushes and upsetting the cows who keep stepping on these frigging birds. The neighbours have started a petition to evict me. Jeez but you’ll get yours!

………………………………………………………..
23 Dec 1992
You Filthy Skunk
Now 10 – ladies dancing who spend their time being humped by those bloody pipers all night long. And that’s not all. The cows have diarrhoea and my living room is a river of shit. There are birds in the loo and goose feathers on my bed. You’ll rue the day, you swine! Agnes.

……………………………………………………………
24 Dec 1992
Shit Bag.
Now there are 11 – lords a-leaping all over the maids the sluts. They drove off the pipers who are now committing sodomy with the cows. All 23 birds have been trampled to death in the orgy and the stench is horrible. I hope you are satisfied, you malicious p*i*k.
Your sworn enemy, Agnes.

……………………………………………………………..
25 Dec 1992
Dear Sir
We wish to acknowledge your gift of 12 fiddlers fiddling which you have seen fit to inflict on our long suffering client, Miss Agnes McHolstein. The destruction was of course, total. We warn you, however, that should you try to see Miss Mcholstein at the Happy Day Sanatorium, the attendants have orders to shoot you on sight. We also enclose a warrant for your arrest.
Cordially, Bader, Bender, Cahole – Solicitors. :D :D

Somehow I would have ended it with the 20 DEC as the last entry. For me it peaked there. I actually laughed because it had been building up.

The rest is predictable and cliché. Such a sketch has been done to death in the USA and UK and Canada and Australia over the last 50 years.

Typical Elton overkill. Milking it beyond death.

Still, great fun up to and through 20 DEC entry.

It's still bollocks though. Christmas Day is the FIRST of the twelve, not the last!