Live at the Apollo 2007 Page 6

I've had a look but it's not up on youtube or anything, but I think someone mentioned a lot of his jokes were recycled from previous gigs. There's loads of him on youtube http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=gEE7wV1jLuI

And welcome to the site funkmaster! :)

Quote: funkmaster @ December 18, 2007, 11:55 AM

Is there a way of watching the show from last night again somewhere?

Welcome, welcome. :)

You could see if you can get iPlayer working. That'd be the easiest way to do it.

Right this is the thread I was looking for. Who came up with the idea of speaking in a 'stereotypical' accent first? Amos or Omid Djaleli (apologies for spelling) I have to know so I can decide which one I hate. I assume its Amos as Omid has been around for ages.

Also his jokes are straight out of the eighties 'differences between white and black people' book of bullshit. Dara I didn't like that much but Frankie was funny as always even though all his jokes hes done before. And you can tell how pants Dara is as at the end he did no ad libbing with the texts he just read out blatantly prepared jokes.

Djalili.

Quote: Aaron @ December 18, 2007, 3:08 PM

Djalili.

Is that the answer or correct spelling or both?

Quote: ajp29 @ December 18, 2007, 3:01 PM

Also his jokes are straight out of the eighties 'differences between white and black people' book of bullshit.

I totally agree. He winds me up, he did on HIGNFY.

And the one time he made a non-race related joke it was, talking about TESCO's fining pensioners for parking in their car park for over 2 hours, 'Did the write at the bottom of the letter every little helps?'

Rubbish makes me angry Teary (Angry face)

Amos had a good night last night as he was on 3 - yes, that's right 3 shows. 'Have I Got News For You', 'And Then You Die' and 'Live a the Apollo'. Hey, I'm all for proving that there's a decent Lenny Henry alternate but not in triplicate.

Quote: ajp29 @ December 18, 2007, 3:10 PM

Is that the answer or correct spelling or both?

Spelling.

Quote: ajp29 @ December 18, 2007, 3:01 PM

Also his jokes are straight out of the eighties 'differences between white and black people' book of bullshit.

True. But all Frankie talked about was Scotland. People use what they have.

(I've decided to hate Omid for the fake accent thing. It annoys me too, but I like Amos.)

Quote: zooo @ December 18, 2007, 6:18 PM

True. But all Frankie talked about was Scotland. People use what they have.

I suppose but the Scottish thing is self derpicating where as Amos's stuff is just annoying. I was going to make a long argument but my brain has collapsed on me ROFL. Erm. My brain has really given up on me. I'll post later after my brain surgery. :(

Well, it amused me, even if I have heard some of it before.

Easily the best show of the series so far. Dara was fantastic as always, Frankie was his brilliant self and Amos, someone I've not seen before, was a fantastic surprise. Very, very funny, all 3. Absolutely loved it.

More please.