Live at the Apollo 2007 Page 4

Just goes to show that one person's 'rubbish' is someone else's gold and how subjective it all is. I heard the audience laughing which is all that matters as I understand it.':P'

lee mack and sean lock were both excellent, best 50 mins or so of comedy i've seen for a while. You can really tell the difference between these and the tat you get on the comedy shuffle.

I thought they were both superb tonight! Great stand up!

I actually didn't laugh that much...maybe I wasn't in the right mood. You guys had talked them up so much I thought it would have been better! Oh well!

I wasn't quite sure what to make of Sean Lock, although I was laughing a lot, particularly at the end. Lee was great, but seemed to move around a bit much.

I missed Mack but saw Sean Lock, very funny for the most part, particularly liked the 'Armour gag'.."Don't touch that!"..."It's armour!". :)

I loved Lee Mack's set (but then I LOVE Lee Mack, so maybe I'm biased :P ) I couldn't stop laughing. I'm definitely on the same wavelength.

I only found Sean Lock sporodically funny though. I loved the "armour" joke too... in fact, that was probably his funniest moment. Cool

I'm gutted I missed the Alan Carr one.

Alan Carr was good...have you seen he's got a DVD out...ooh just in time for Christmas! :)

Shocker, ain't it?

People actually find Alan Carr funny?

Martin, he actually was surprisingly funny during his set. Normally I'd rather scratch my eyes out and ears off than watch or listen to him, but it wasn't awful.

Quote: Martin Holmes @ December 5, 2007, 5:27 PM

People actually find Alan Carr funny?

Yes - once you can get past the voice you'll find he is genuinely funny.

Little bit disappointed with Mack tbh - especially on Saturday live! - as he is fantastic in Not Going Out.

I think Alan Carr's hilarious.

I didn't used to like Alan Carr, his voice got on my nerves. But then I heard him on the Chris Moyles show, and Jonathan Ross show on radio 2, and he was brilliant on there.
Could tempt me to get the DVD now!