Live at the Apollo 2007 Page 3

So I've got no chance then?

I really enjoyed last nights... the other guy (can't remember his name) was very funny...especially as I totally got all his references to the tube etc.

Michael McIntyre is superb. I first saw him on Royal variety or something a year or two ago. He's since been on HIGNFY and Mock and such. He's very, very good.

Good set from Jo brand too. I've never been a big fan, but she's growing on me. What a horrid thought.

Yes Jo was good! :) I like her...she tickles me! :)

In an indecent manner?

Anyway, he annoys me, but it was a good set. I'll have to look out for more of his stuff in future.

Brilliant. Superb delivery from both.

Enjoyed both of these. Always been a JB fan but first time I've seen MM who left me thinking the simple ideas are the best. Loved the child development/xylophone thing!

He was rubbish. Why did he do his delivery half Graham Norton, half Eddie Izzard?

Weak material, awful.

Quote: Seefacts @ November 27, 2007, 12:54 PM

He was rubbish. Why did he do his delivery half Graham Norton, half Eddie Izzard?

Weak material, awful.

Do you like anything?

Quote: Rick Skelton @ November 27, 2007, 1:25 PM

Do you like anything?

Yeah. Good stand ups.

Out of the current 'Mock The Week' or '8 Out Of 10 Cats' new to comedy regulars, most are bloody appalling. Student whimsy (Russell Howard) or derivative rubbish (most of them)

The best comedian around at the moment is Frankie Boyle. He's brilliant. Jason Manford is quite amusing, though it's a shame he's copied Peter Kay's style in it's entirety.

Lee Mack and Sean Lock next week!
Yay!

Quote: zooo @ November 27, 2007, 1:48 PM

Yay!

Lee Mack did a SUPERB set last year. One of the best TV stand performances I've seen for a ages. I wonder if he'll do some of his new material now (he's touring again next year)

Both are worth catching - two of the UK's best stand ups.

I've loved most of these shows but I do wish they would do the 'oh look we've got an audience of celebrities' bit every bloody time.

Alan Carr did a joke about tans where the punchline was 'not unless your father f**ked an wossit' Quote.

I would have gone for oompa loompa at that point...

any thoughts?

I also think Michael McIntyre is great... but I just wish he'd stand still for a bit. A bit too Lee Evans at times!

If you've not seen MyIntyre before, as Rick says, his Royal Variety Performance was where he broke into the mainstream. Check it out on YouTube... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJ6xmoQs1AU - some funny observations (traffic updates, spic and span etc)

Quote: zooo @ November 27, 2007, 1:48 PM

Absolutely! This is the one I'm looking forward to most.

:D
Can't wait for the Frankie Boyle one too.