BCG Fantasy Premier League 2023/24 Page 25

Why not, it's what Godot does, posts nothing for three months then a whole barrage in a few hours. Morning.

Missed the deadline to transfer out my crocks by seconds because changing my email and FF passwords to work on my mobile took me all morning, bloody fiddly IT bollocks. Still, not a bad time to miss out with the major scorers being buggered.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 12th November 2023, 9:16 AM

..........bad time to miss out with the major scorers being buggered.

Ummmm, seems like a nice boy

Quote: don rushmore @ 11th November 2023, 11:28 PM

"Former Chelsea and Everton boss Frank Lampard is in the running for the managerial vacancy at League One side Oxford United." - BBC

*snigger*

In the old days ex footballers would spend their retirement years running paint and wallpaper shops like Paul Madeley's Colour Centre in Leeds. What the old pros had to do just to make a crust, eh? Madeley sold his chain of shops in 1987 for £27Million.

Allan Clarke (sniffer) became a rep for a forklift company.
I met him at a company he was trying to sell to.

I met Bobby Charlton in 1987. He was guest of honour at the opening of a car showroom. Can't remember the precise location but it was somewhere particularly unexotic, like Mackley Industrial Estate.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 12th November 2023, 8:47 AM

Are you going away for Christmas Don?
Getting your quota in to cover it :D

:D

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 12th November 2023, 9:16 AM

Why not, it's what Godot does, posts nothing for three months then a whole barrage in a few hours.

The thread has gone stale. A fuzzy posting rule nobody understands doesn't help.

A couple of years ago SG was going on admin duty, with cash prizes up for grabs. I think that idea is definitely worth revisiting.

I've changed that prize to the Super 6.

Winner's prize: cash

Last place: a guided tour around Paul Madeley's Colour Centre in Leeds

So... If you had Haaland as captain it's 32 points. Whereas, if you broke ranks and captained Salah, it's... ... 32 points

I won my H2H and yet go down a place. Hardly seems fair and equitable.

Thinking of you at this difficult time, Billy.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 13th November 2023, 2:24 PM

I won my H2H and yet go down a place. Hardly seems fair and equitable.

I've moved up to 2nd, just 3 points behind G 😁

I'll defend FPL as a game of skill to the death, but the H2H is more random than a wine pull raffle.

Yeah I agree
Don't really see the point in it

Surely it's more realistic in that, like football itself, you face just one opponent each week, rather than, in effect, trying to beat all the teams in the league each week, and you get the traditional 3 points for a win and 1 point for a draw rather than progressing up the main league by scoring 100 points in one week while the four teams around you only scored 60 points, As such the H2H requires consistency week-in week-out. In the main league you can post a high score one week, which then covers you for a few lower scoring weeks. Again that is not the case in real life,

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 14th November 2023, 6:26 PM

Yeah I agree
Don't really see the point in it

And of course there's always a (near) guaranteed 3 pts whenever you play a dead team. It's a load of old toot.