BCG Fantasy Premier League 2023/24 Page 26

Quote: don rushmore @ 14th November 2023, 8:59 PM

And of course there's always a (near) guaranteed 3 pts whenever you play a dead team.

Like I say - just like football itself.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 14th November 2023, 6:49 PM

Surely it's more realistic in that, like football itself, you face just one opponent each week, rather than, in effect, trying to beat all the teams in the league each week, and you get the traditional 3 points for a win and 1 point for a draw rather than progressing up the main league by scoring 100 points in one week while the four teams around you only scored 60 points, As such the H2H requires consistency week-in week-out. In the main league you can post a high score one week, which then covers you for a few lower scoring weeks. Again that is not the case in real life,

Amen to that, and if you don't like it (Steve), why do you participate.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 14th November 2023, 6:26 PM

Yeah I agree
Don't really see the point in it

Or is that another arcane enigmatic post

Anyone getting withdrawal symptoms? 😧

Not so much from this as the Super 6 and the accompanying punts on them. Had to put my £2 on the GGs instead.

Too much time to fiddle. And usually for the worst.
Haaland is flagged as injured - what to do?

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 19th November 2023, 10:31 AM

Haaland is flagged as injured - what to do?

Exakerly......................go with what you've got or buy in while he is off?

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 14th November 2023, 11:31 PM

Or is that another arcane enigmatic post

WHat on earth are you going on about now

Horse says: "Not an easy week is it. In the end, I done L-O-L-A Lola, Robin Tripp, The Angel Gabriels, Dave Cash, Jim Bowen, Gordon Brittas, Hee Ching Chan Chinaman, The Prophet Mohammeds, What's Up Doc Kins, Ha-ha-ha-land (Captains) and Julio Alleglasias. Good to luck to everyone. You have all done very well.

Dropped Haaland, thinking he wouldn't play.........................what the f**k do I know about this game. I really don't know why I bother

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 25th November 2023, 1:14 PM

Horse says: "Not an easy week is it. In the end, I done L-O-L-A Lola, Robin Tripp, The Angel Gabriels, Dave Cash, Jim Bowen, Gordon Brittas, Hee Ching Chan Chinaman, The Prophet Mohammeds, What's Up Doc Kins, Ha-ha-ha-land (Captains) and Julio Alleglasias. Good to luck to everyone. You have all done very well.

Cheers Horse keep the lead up now it's official.

Oh, f**king great - now I have five walking wounded.

Thank heavens for Super 6......................probably jinxed that too, now

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 26th November 2023, 12:39 AM

Dropped Haaland, thinking he wouldn't play.........................what the f**k do I know about this game. I really don't know why I bother

I swapped him for Jesus a few days back because of the injury warning (and Jesus being back), the warning was still there yesterday morning so kept Jesus in. Only dropped 3 points as a result but still.

Allison is still marked as injured for next gameweek, same as he was before yesterday yet he played yesterday, ha. Probably keep him in.

Quote: Feeoree @ 26th November 2023, 12:58 PM

I swapped him for Jesus a few days back because of the injury warning (and Jesus being back), the warning was still there yesterday morning so kept Jesus in.

Well, it is nearly Christmas.

Spurs there, doing Venables proud.

"Horse says "I thought I would post early this week to give my very dear friends Stephen and Alf and even everybody else a fairer chance. What you all might like to bear in mind, with the utmost respect, is that all systems are hybrids and crucially dynamic nowadays.

First, before making your team selections, consider what would be the best approach for any particular week. Will you for example, best opt for strict positionism with a specific emphasis on zonal distribution with five players each occupyings a vertical corridor? Or maybe instead the fixtures are right for a relationism approach, yes?

Often I encourages me players to arrange them themselves them in close proximity to the ball carrier with a weak side so that there can be ans arriving into opposite side space.

Also, 1. Considers if you wants rest-defense so that your team is better able to take off to new heights; 2. Always thinks about doings a bit of cascading to avoid dropping movements; and 3. Ensures that your ball-rolling times is at the right end of the spectrum.

Thank you for writing to my Department and I trust my reply is helpful."