The Coronation Page 4

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 8th May 2023, 9:39 AM

The drone displays were impressive - must take a helluva program for them not to crash into each other

I understand one of them ended up on the Kremlin roof.

Quote: Will Cam @ 7th May 2023, 9:15 PM

There are genuinely poor people out there but most are lifestyle paupers. Latest iPhones, latest branded gear, drinking, smoking. Shops are busy, pubs and clubs are busy. Everyone wants brand new furniture and 65" tvs.

God save the King.

Off topic. But owning phones, drinking, smoking, going to shops, pubs and clubs are no longer seen as proof of wealth (other than by the tabloid press).

Quote: Will Cam @ 7th May 2023, 9:15 PM

I am a fan of the Royal Family and much prefer them to the alternatives. I'm sick of hearing about the cost of the Coronation and all the 'poor people it could have fed'. There are genuinely poor people out there but most are lifestyle paupers. Latest iPhones, latest branded gear, drinking, smoking. Shops are busy, pubs and clubs are busy. Everyone wants brand new furniture and 65" tvs.

God save the King.

Agreed. And how do we know that all these people using food banks genuinely need them? Is it means tested?

Quote: alison blunderland @ 8th May 2023, 5:46 PM

That really is disgusting. Assume it's that twat at the Grauniad.

Quote: Chappers @ 8th May 2023, 7:22 PM

That really is disgusting. Assume it's that twat at the Grauniad.

Totally agree. Not funny and not relevant to anything. Just a load of crap and disgusting - why anyone should want to reproduce it on this site is beyond me.

Pathetic.

Original press photo by A.N.Other.
Photoshopping and caption by me.

Quote: Chappers @ 8th May 2023, 5:37 PM

Agreed. And how do we know that all these people using food banks genuinely need them? Is it means tested?

Pretty much. You need referrals from jobcentres or doctors to get access to them.

Quote: chipolata @ 9th May 2023, 6:37 AM

Pretty much. You need referrals from jobcentres or doctors to get access to them.

You mean 30p Lee is lying??
I'm shocked.😲

No matter the topic - in this case, The Coronation, Brexit and bad Conservative MP's will get a slating.
It's an obsession for some.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 9th May 2023, 8:41 AM

No matter the topic - in this case, The Coronation, Brexit and bad Conservative MP's will get a slating.
It's an obsession for some.

At least we're agreed he's a bad MP.
And, to be fair, the off-topic-ness came from your side of the fence.

Completely brilliant, hard hitting cartoon of Charles. The gammons on this thread would presumably hate Hogarth as well.

Quote: beaky @ 9th May 2023, 9:31 AM

Completely brilliant, hard hitting cartoon of Charles. The gammons on this thread would presumably hate Hogarth as well.

Do you know who drew it, Beaky?
And yes, both Hogarth and James Gillray spring to mind.

No I like Hogarth (I once sent in a radio drama script of 'Gin Lane' to the BBC WR or whatever it was back then, but it got binned as per usual) but that coloured portrait above is nothing like the detailed scenes he was famous for. I think there's some humour in it myself if a bit garish.

No, and that's where again your lefty assumptions are wrong, and if you think that heap of shit that was posted was brilliant, then I despair, because you are a better cartoonist than that, Beaky.

And I won't lower myself with personal insults, just because I'm a Royalist and you are not.