Have I Got News For You - Series 64 Page 4

Quote: Chappers @ 28th September 2022, 8:30 PM

Railway workers?

Certainly seemed like it.

Quote: a plate @ 28th September 2022, 9:17 PM

I just looked it up, and the guest host thing has been going since 2002, so the show's had guest hosts for much longer than it had Angus Deayton originally in the role! Dunno if it's worth them bothering with a full-time host now after 20 years?

Indeed - but it's still largely a boring gimmick that loses what was originally so good about the show.

Has enough time elapsed for Angus to return for a one off host spot? Or is there still bad blood between him and Merton?

Surprisingly (as I hate the bastard) Gary Neville was doing quite well until Ian Hislop hammered (the bastard) him.

Quote: Sitcomfan64 @ 7th October 2022, 11:13 AM

Has enough time elapsed for Angus to return for a one off host spot? Or is there still bad blood between him and Merton?

Good idea, but would that be too much deadpan dark comedy in the same room ?

Quote: Chappers @ 4th November 2022, 10:30 PM

Surprisingly (as I hate the bastard) Gary Neville was doing quite well until Ian Hislop hammered (the bastard) him.

He seemed an odd choice to me and I wondered why........until Ian lambasted him, and I wonder (again) whether he knew that was going to happen - money can buy a lot.

Aye Mr Woke himself taking the kings shilling.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 5th November 2022, 10:00 AM

Aye Mr Woke himself taking the kings shilling.

Both the Celeb fee, reported to be up to £400K plus post promo work, plus the fee for appearing on HIGNFY, and be made to look a money grabbing prat; but hey, I'd do it for half a mill. and more, and f**k the lot of them.

Yes but you don't constantly berate the practices and laws of Qatar

They cut your willy off, don't they?

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 4th November 2022, 11:45 PM

He seemed an odd choice to me and I wondered why........until Ian lambasted him, and I wonder (again) whether he knew that was going to happen - money can buy a lot.

Odd choice? Of course not. He's a leftie hypocrite rolling in money who slags off the Tories so ideal choice.