Have I Got News For You - Series 64

New series starts this Friday BBC1 930 pm with a "Boris Special" - should be fun.

HIGNFY played a significant part in getting him accepted by the public as a loveable clown.

But this time I think there may well be plenty of japes and debunking

It will be interesting to see if they acknowledge the fact that HIGNFY was one of the main reasons BJ's 'funny schtick' became popular with the British public.

Quote: Sitcomfan64 @ 28th August 2022, 7:14 AM

It will be interesting to see if they acknowledge the fact that HIGNFY was one of the main reasons BJ's 'funny schtick' became popular with the British public.

They refer to it fairly regularly in the regular shows, so I think it's a fairly safe bet!

He may have fooled the public, but people who worked with or for him in journalism pretty much despised him.

Quote: beaky @ 28th August 2022, 9:33 AM

He may have fooled the public, but people who worked with or for him in journalism pretty much despised him.

Got sacked a couple of times in the profession 'n' all.

I have to admit, I was slightly taken aback by Jack Dee using the "C" word, now causing a furore - is this the first time "it" has aired I ask myself.

I am old enough to remember when Kenneth Tynan was the first person to say f**k on TV, back in 1965 - took awhile for that to die down, but things were different then.

I like Jack Dee, and have no problem with what he said, just wonder why the legal people (?) let him say it.

Definitely not the first time it's been broadcast. It's only a furore because people like complaining about everything.

Glad a new series has started, though not sure the Boris Special was that funny, and naughty Jack!

Quote: GHoul @ 8th September 2022, 9:16 AM

Glad a new series has started, though not sure the Boris Special was that funny, and naughty Jack!

Not so much naughty Jack but naughty non-existent censors as it would've been up until very recently.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 4th September 2022, 11:15 AM

I have to admit, I was slightly taken aback by Jack Dee using the "C" word, now causing a furore - is this the first time "it" has aired I ask myself.

I think there C word was heard a few times 'accidentally' as it were.
There was definitely a thing on the David Frost Show back in the 70s.
And didn't Bernard Manning let it slip?
And in more recent years I think it's been in plays and dramas on the box.
Stewart Lee couldn't stop saying it the other night on the Beeb!

F**king hell!

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 8th September 2022, 10:38 AM

F**king hell!

Language, Timothy!

And you can F OFF too, Mother!

(or should that be Father.........)

Well, he can F OFF too!