BCG Super 6 League Page 37

They used to have them in the prem league breaks and I found the lower league games a nice diversion and a chance to see how some other teams are doing. It also made for a very busy season where it was hard to keep up with all the games, unless your name was Herc. I've looked into this recent decline to use them online a bit and the consensus is Sky weren't making enough money in bets that gameweek because many punters weren't confident enough to lay money on their selections, not having followed EFL games much, so if someone did happen to win the jackpot, Skybet could make a loss that week.

They've also been losing out heavily in money laid on football to rival Bet365 who have copied their super 6 game and offer much greater prize payouts as mentioned before, as well as having generally better odds on games. So savvy punters are still doing the Sky super six but putting money on their accas at 365, as I do now. The result - Sky have got meaner and leaner, slashing their ten beat the pundit prizes from £500 each to £100 each, and dropping the lower league gameweeks entirely. Conclusion - they've basically lost the big power battle with the market leader. Morning btw.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 14th November 2023, 7:39 AM

They used to have them in the prem league breaks and I found the lower league games a nice diversion and a chance to see how some other teams are doing. It also made for a very busy season where it was hard to keep up with all the games, unless your name was Herc. I've looked into this recent decline to use them online a bit and the consensus is Sky weren't making enough money in bets that gameweek because many punters weren't confident enough to lay money on their selections, not having followed EFL games much, so if someone did happen to win the jackpot, Skybet could make a loss that week.

They've also been losing out heavily in money laid on football to rival Bet365 who have copied their super 6 game and offer much greater prize payouts as mentioned before, as well as having generally better odds on games. So savvy punters are still doing the Sky super six but putting money on their accas at 365, as I do now. The result - Sky have got meaner and leaner, slashing their ten beat the pundit prizes from £500 each to £100 each, and dropping the lower league gameweeks entirely. Conclusion - they've basically lost the big power battle with the market leader. Morning btw.

Enlightening Alf, and nice to know I am not only spoken of in hushed tones, but have gained some respect 😎

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 14th November 2023, 7:39 AM

Sky weren't making enough money in bets that gameweek because many punters weren't confident enough to lay money on their selections, not having followed EFL games much,

Personally, apart from the odd live game for entertainment purposes only (eg number of corners or bookings), I confine my football betting to English & Scottish Leagues one and two and the National League (mainly total goals, team goals or first half goals). The bookmakers have contacts in all the big clubs, which gives them the edge with what's happening. But not so much within the hallowed corridors of Stenhousemuir or Dorking Wanderers. Follow the lower leagues closely and you'll know as much as - probably more than - the bookmakers. Plus it makes for an adrenalin-packed Saturday afternoon or Tuesday evening watching for that goal you were eagerly anticipating to appear at the bottom of the screen. Looking forward to the EFL Trophy games tonight.

Of course, this lower league strategy could also explain my current position in the Super6.

Good round for Don, Billy and Herc there. I looked at mine in disbelief, 4 draws? It was like someone else did it. Did I get hacked by Dick Dastardly Don who leapt above me? Can I scrape something back from the CL lot?

It seems the answer is to predict every game to finish 2-1. Just have to decide whether it's a home win or an away win.

Funny that, I was just reading about that.

🙂 Glad to see the rag still going. Who's on page 3 this week, Stephen?

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 28th November 2023, 8:11 AM

It seems the answer is to predict every game to finish 2-1. Just have to decide whether it's a home win or an away win.

Simple but effective and saves a lot of wasted time looking at the stats and form and all that useless bollocks. Takes mere seconds to stick down a load of 2-1s and it could one day win you the jackpot. I'm in.

Alf was telling me in a PM, that he thinks Don will win it................

You've got it confused with the FPL.

So it's a waste of your lipstick. 😁 Nice shade though.

Passionate Pink, and tastes of bubble gum, which you will find out on Friday, when we go clubbing 😘

There's a new leader in the clique league, and someone either had IT problems or didn't take the hint on Tuesday. Still very tight at the top and could easily change again on Saturday, a much more competitive league than last season's. New comers Steve H and Don have settled straight into it, obviously experienced punters. Good work all.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 30th November 2023, 10:36 AM

There's a new leader in the clique league....................

But we don't mention his name round these parts - Phuttttt...........................ding!

Mr Goodlad is a gentleman, missing a week and letting me leapfrog him into my rightful place at the top of the league.

I won't have a bad word said against him!! Eeee, 'es a reet gud t'lad is our t'Stephen.

Normal service is now resumed.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 2nd December 2023, 8:45 AM

Normal service is now resumed.

Must be all that severe weather you're having oop North freezing yer brain, so we'll see 😁