BCG Fantasy Premier League 2021/22 Page 77

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 24th March 2022, 1:12 AM

You got done there Godot!
Even Herc got more points than you

Yep, 28 from 9 is abysmal, but there wasn't really anything wrong with my team. Amazingly I won my h2h match.

Quote: don rushmore @ 23rd March 2022, 5:45 PM

You can't vote again.

5 Yes, and 1 Void so far.

Yes, thanks Don, but I'll count the votes.

Quote: Ben @ 25th March 2022, 6:53 PM

YES to manager of the month. Simply as it's no hair off my nose and gives Godot something to keep him busy in his retirement.

I believe the phrase is 'skin off my nose'.

Nose hair can be a problem, but is easily solved by buying her a razor.

Quote: ContainsNuts @ 28th March 2022, 3:41 PM

I rolled the dice. I mean, I do that every week but I had more dice this week...

Yeah, this was actually the week to freehit if you could, unfortunately I had to use one of my freehits to undo the hack on my team that the FPL couldn't be bothered to deal with.

In truth though with 9 players I probably wouldn't have used it.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 29th March 2022, 12:27 AM

Where does the name ContainsNuts come from out of interest?
Is it because this game is more a Marathon than a sprint?

And a beautiful illustrative reminder that there is also a gag competition with a few good entries so far.

I will reread the whole thread before choosing the finalists so no-one should fret.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 24th March 2022, 8:01 AM

I beat Horse in the H2H and scored higher than Don and yet they get an honourable mention and I only get lumped in with the et als?

You've got until midnight tomorrow to vote in the MOTM vote or you'll be suspended.

You've posted multiple times since the vote was announced so I don't believe you're unaware of it. As a previously uncooperative member (refusing to delete your competing league) you won't get any favours.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 30th March 2022, 1:37 PM

You've got until midnight tomorrow to vote in the MOTM vote or you'll be suspended.

You've posted multiple times since the vote was announced so I don't believe you're unaware of it. As a previously uncooperative member (refusing to delete your competing league) you won't get any favours.

Godangit, tha's fightin' talk wheres I cums from Phutttt.................Ding

Just 261 pts off top spot in the Overall league. Could be my year.

This is more exciting than the actual game.

That would mean that you've lost two members in two months, which is rather careless. And enhance everybody's chances of finishing, or at least finishing nearer, bottom. And completely eliminate any chance of me finishing bottom. So...

I am in any case somewhat confused here. There was no suggestion in your original post that voting was compulsory, punishable by suspension. In fact, on the contrary, you clearly referred to a "quorate of seven" and further stated that only seven members needed to vote to make it valid. So from where did the three-line whip suddenly materialise? Why raise the irrelevancy of seven needing to vote if, in fact, you require 12 to vote:

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 18th March 2022, 2:37 PM

We currently have 13 members all playing and in good standing (excluding me) so quorate for voting is 7. As admin I won't vote but I will provide a casting vote if necessary.

VOTE - for all members.

Proposal:
• To introduce a 'Manager of the Month' award, determined by the highest points total for matches in said month.
• The winner will receive bragging rights and possibly a virtual prize (if I have time/can be arsed).
• This award will be become part of the league protocol and will carry on next season until repealed or we all die.

At least 7 members have to vote for it to be a valid vote.

And who decided it should be compulsory to vote? Surely any such requirement should be in the league's constitution at the outset. Maybe we should have a vote on whether it should be compulsory to vote?

As a previously uncooperative member (refusing to delete your competing league) you won't get any favours.

I have previously explained that I considered it to be outwith my authority unilaterally to close down a league which had been set up at the previous chairman's request and which was evidently being happily enjoyed by 12 other members, who were all of course free to leave if they didn't want to continue. I did, though, offer to change the name of the league so that you could use the name yourself, which I would consider was being extremely co-operative:

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 7th September 2021, 8:01 PM

The point is there are 12 teams in the BCG League of Gentlemen (plus myself), which was set up, and which everybody joined, at Alf's behest. I don't feel I should just close it unilaterally. I could, though, change the name of the league if that would help?

In any case, the rate things are going, the League of Gentlemen will have more members that the BCG League by the end of the season.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 30th March 2022, 6:43 PM

That would mean that you've lost two members in two months, which is rather careless.

Listen Lady Bracknell, I haven't lost anyone. It's not my fault Lazzard stopped playing. You're threatened with suspension, not expulsion. And all you have to do to avoid it is write the word 'YES' or 'NO'. Stop being such a ballbag.

I have previously explained that I considered it to be outwith my authority unilaterally to close down a league which had been set up at the previous chairman's request and which was evidently being happily enjoyed by 12 other members, who were all of course free to leave if they didn't want to continue.

Kipper asked you to set up a league because he was finding it impossible to transfer the admin to me due to technical problems with his browser and he was afraid he couldn't keep out Big Phil and all the other gatecrashers. When he fixed those problems he asked you to delete the league you created but you wouldn't.

I also asked you to, but you refused me as well. You gave your reason on page 15 of this thread: "I think I will keep it active for the moment so that those who are "booted" from the main league will have somewhere to continue to compete." In other words you tried to undermine the authority of the clique admin from the very beginning. If anyone was booted out for not posting they could still see their league position in your league thereby removing the only threat the league admin has to keep people posting.

When you factor in that you are designated admin for next season your behaviour is even more unsporting and c**tish.

I did, though, offer to change the name of the league so that you could use the name yourself, which I would consider was being extremely co-operative.

I asked you if I could use the League of Gentlemen name at the start of the season - you refused.

Although it has no voice box, ears, nose and body, the smiley face symbol is clearly much happier than most people.

So should we be considering developing human beings of the future along similar lines?

I did have a cunning plan to make my position/points a bit more respectable, BUT the DGW I'd planned for has been changed - F**k it, and them

It makes you want to chuck it in, but I'm made of sterner stuff, so will soldier on.............................

No, no plaudits, thank you - you'll only make me cry

OK, if it means that much to you for me to vote (although I'm still unclear as to when and why it went from 7 people required to vote to 12 people required to vote with a threat of "suspension"), I vote: NO.

Not through any misplaced attempt to cause mischief but because it is clearly possible to establish the manager of each month by looking at the tables (as previous posts detailing each month's winners have proved). I am assuming there is to be no tangible award since we will never meet up to present it. So how is it going to be any different to what we have now?

Not that I suspect that my vote will alter the outcome anyway.

With regard to the comment:

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 31st March 2022, 12:12 AM

When you factor in that you are designated admin for next season...

I don't know where that idea came from or how I can make it any plainer:

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 17th August 2021, 1:15 PM

I reiterate that I have no particular wish to be administrator of the league this year, next year or any other year.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 4th November 2021, 9:41 AM

No yearning whatsoever thank you.

Hyenas.

I personally am about to undergo a species change.

To a hyena.

Everyone must do this for the future of the planet.

Admin announcement for Manager of the Month

Quorate was reached on voting and the votes cast were as follows:

YES to there being a designated MOTM: 7
NO to there being a designated MOTM: 1
Spoilt ballots: 1

So the AYES have it and Manager of the Month is now a thing. Thanks to all those who voted.

Presentation of the inaugural MOTM award will take place on Sunday followed by details of the (exciting) league naming competition.

Hurrah...Even though I have no chance.

I'm laughing.

I've just had my hands turned into fore and hind paws with four digits each so I am now sporting bulging pawpads.

I have also had my perineal scent glands removed.

So I'm now officially a trans-hyena.

Hahahaha.

Are you sure we have a quorum.....one that is properly diverse so it includes my sorts of people?

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 1st April 2022, 1:03 PM

Admin announcement for Manager of the Month

Spoilt ballots: 1

? I wonder who that was

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 29th March 2022, 12:27 AM
Where does the name ContainsNuts come from out of interest?
Is it because this game is more a Marathon than a sprint?

It was actually after a sketch show I worked on. Don't worry, the sketches were funnier...

I've kind of lost track of this thread now as I have been pleasuring myself in the local park.

7 crafty animals who manage to masturbate without hands:

https://mashable.com/article/animals-masturbate-no-hands