BCG Fantasy Premier League 2021/22 Page 55

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 2nd November 2021, 7:37 AM

Well I never! First draw of the season - or maybe ever in the H2H.

No, I've been in a couple of draws previous, but I can't believe it finished like this, as it see-sawed back and forth.
I see Godot has dropped to third, and been leap-frogged by Anton. He won't be happy about that.

That piss-poor finish cost you Manager of the Month by 6 points. Hard lines.

HR - 239
don - 235
HGT - 233

Quote: don rushmore @ 2nd November 2021, 12:42 PM

HR - 239
don - 235
HGT - 233

WaveWaveWave

PiratePiratePirate

England

I'm offended by the England flag...oh wait, no I'm not, I'm not a cry baby wanker.

Well done HR.

Quote: don rushmore @ 2nd November 2021, 12:42 PM

HR - 239
don - 235
HGT - 233

No hard lines about as far as I'm concerned - I'm proud of my piss-poor finish, considering it was a cracker of a month for me, going on past results :P

What I am upset about, is you sitting on my face. Sick

Yeah, dig it man. Cool

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 2nd November 2021, 2:49 PM

I'm offended by the England flag...oh wait, no I'm not, I'm not a cry baby wanker.

ON YER FEET, YOU 'ORRIBLE LOT!

Quote: don rushmore @ 29th October 2021, 11:22 PM

A transfer on a keeper is a transfer wasted. Pick a decent cheap one in August and forget about him.

And what if one of your keepers is out until next March!! As is the case with my Raya of Brentford, who up until last week had been point scoring well for me.

2 clean sheets in 7 games isn't "scoring well". Your bench keeper, Sanchez, kept 4, and earned more points across those 7 games. So you actually played the wrong one.

Quote: don rushmore @ 3rd November 2021, 1:58 AM

2 clean sheets in 7 games isn't "scoring well". Your bench keeper, Sanchez, kept 4, and earned more points across those 7 games. So you actually played the wrong one.

That's not what I was asking, although Raya did well for me up to Week 5 - so do you not buy a replacement goalie when your "reserve" is out until next spring? That is, of course, you go for 5 months playing with only one keeper, which is the impression you gave me from your previous post to Billy.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 3rd November 2021, 9:06 AM

That's not what I was asking, although Raya did well for me up to Week 5 - so do you not buy a replacement goalie when your "reserve" is out until next spring? That is, of course, you go for 5 months playing with only one keeper, which is the impression you gave me from your previous post to Billy.

I'm clearly not the best person to take advice off at the minute -although I would like to remind people that I'm still last years H2H champ - but in my opinion, the back up keeper is not worth replacing unless you've actually got a spare transfer one week. My back up keeper has been out on loan since August. Doesn't matter too much if you've got a regular starter.

I mean, my main keeper (Schmeichel) has been a bit of a let down. I thought him and Leicester would be a solid option for the cost of 5. But that doesn't change the fact that my back-up has not been needed.

I gave my son a bit of advice in the summer, and I've not stuck to it myself, but I maintain it makes good sense... I told him to get Mendy or Ederson, because whilst it would be nice to have 3 players each from City and Chelsea; it would be a massive gamble to expect them all to start. I felt the keepers from either would be a way to gain from their expected good results without worrying about rotation.

Quote: jphellpool @ 3rd November 2021, 4:10 PM

I'm clearly not the best person to take advice off at the minute -although I would like to remind people that I'm still last years H2H champ - but in my opinion, the back up keeper is not worth replacing unless you've actually got a spare transfer one week. .

Yes, thank you for that, and of course you wouldn't waste a free transfer on a keeper if you had say a forward or mid fielder out for whatever reason - like, for example, this week Pogba and I are parting company.
When I have a full team I'm happy with and feeling confident enough I will get rid of Raya.

GW8 you played Raya against Chelsea, and had Sanchez on the bench against Norwich. (Guess who kept the clean sheet.)

What was the thinking behind that one?

Quote: don rushmore @ 3rd November 2021, 5:40 PM

What was the thinking behind that one?

Nothing.

Like I said, he did well for me up to Week 5, and to be quite honest, I hardly look at what a goalkeeper can/are offering my team - as long as they are playing, that's all I need to know. Rarely do they score mega points.

After suggesting that keepers are not worth the worry re using a Free Transfer, now you are making it sound as though they DO have an importance, and.......................
...............STILL you haven't answered my query playing with one goalie.

Martinez, Ramsdale, Lloris and Schmeichel played every minute last season. Patricio, Johnstone and Guaita missed one game. Ederson and Areola missed two. Meslier and Fabianski missed three. So it's very easy to go through the whole season with only one fit keeper.

Thank you, that's all I needed to know, and I think you should be made the official BCG FPL archivist, with a nomination for manager next season if Godot gives it up and Billy is not so keen. :D

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 4th November 2021, 6:13 AM

I think you should be made the official BCG FPL archivist, with a nomination for manager next season if Godot gives it up and Billy is not so keen.:D

No yearning whatsoever thank you.