BCG Fantasy Premier League 2021/22 Page 58

Welcome back everyone! This second half of the season is going to be a minefield with all the rescheduled games and COVID. Good luck!

Well, that was a bit random...

Looks like we've lost Lazzard, which is a shame. All posting requirements are currently suspended until everyone has posted and is aware the forum is open again. I don't see any point in enforcing action now that was due before the hiatus, but if people feel strongly I'll consider it.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 22nd January 2022, 12:04 AM

Well, that's shot a lot of people in the foot for playing Dennis because of the Watford Double Gameweek. ?

I cannot lie - I pissed myself laughing when he got that red card. Sadly my captain choice didn't do anything.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 23rd January 2022, 11:14 AM

That 380 left everyone behind. Anton looks to be clawing his way back though, and is possibly your only contender for the title now. Godot's going to be close again, he's like Arsenal in Wenger's first ten years after their last win.

Currently at 1.6m, which is the worst I've ever been - Including the season where I spent 32pts on one week's transfers. Wildcard to blame again, though worryingly played sober. Have got my team together now, and have all chips, but it's a daunting amount to recover.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 24th January 2022, 8:48 AM

Me and him are level pegging at 39 all in the H2H with one game to go.

We both get two points off the bench but you've got no skin in the last game. So unless King gets a *cough* red card I've nicked it.

Quote: don rushmore @ 21st January 2022, 4:33 AM

MANAGER OF THE MONTH AWARDS 2021

August - Russell Anton 252 pts
September - Russell Anton 187
October - Horse Radish 239
November - Don Rushmore 259
December - Don Rushmore 380

Sadly there's no manager of the month award. If people would like one, post and I'll take a vote.

We both get two points off the bench but you've got no skin in the last game. So unless King gets a *cough* red card I've nicked it.

Many a slip twixt cup and lip.....and aww nuts.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 26th January 2022, 7:34 AM

Many a slip twixt cup and lip.....and aww nuts.

Annoying when you've got the second highest score.

Technically, I'm still in it.
But I think I'll probably withdraw quietly.
Didn't look t it once during the BCG lockdown and, if I'm honest, the thrill had gone.
Sorry to whoever is now in last place.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 26th January 2022, 2:11 AM

Well, that was a bit random...

I cannot lie - I pissed myself laughing when he got that red card. Sadly my captain choice didn't do anything.

Godot, my man - you're back. I've missed your velvet tongue.

Quote: Lazzard @ 26th January 2022, 8:48 AM

Didn't look t it once during the BCG lockdown and, if I'm honest, the thrill had gone.

Come back in Lazzard, no one actually gets expelled whatever the current rules are, it's all a game within a game, and next season there'll be no rules at all with Bunter taking the reigns. Play at whatever level you have time for, but keep your team in, it was a coup getting you to join this bunch of ... ahem, morning all.

Quote: Lazzard @ 26th January 2022, 8:48 AM

Sorry to hear that Larry, but when the fun stops, stop, to coin a phrase. I hope you can find the time to post here as a civilian.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 26th January 2022, 9:18 AM

Sorry to hear that Larry, but when the fun stops, stop, to coin a phrase. I hope you can find the time to post here as a civilian.

Ta. I might well do that.
I think it's because I'm a much more ardent Chelsea fan than I was when I last played FPL.
I'm now horribly partisan - I shock myself, sometimes - and watching a match and hoping that Man City win just sticks in the old craw.
I think I prefer the pure tribal hate of wanting everyone else to lose.
Anyway, looks like I can't remove the team, so I can just stay there as a reassuring buffer to the second-worst player in the League.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 26th January 2022, 9:16 AM

with Bunter taking the reigns.

Who?

And the last time this was raised, he was dead agin it.

next season there'll be no rules at all with Bunter taking the reigns.

Are you sure, I was expecting we'd all have to wear blazers. An unwelcome expense for most of us except possibly Radish and Steve.

Quote: Lazzard @ 26th January 2022, 9:26 AM

Anyway, looks like I can't remove the team, so I can just stay there as a reassuring buffer to the second-worst player in the League.

I can delete you if you want although you'll still remain in the charmingly named 'Bovril entrance' league.

I think we should have one anyway, to be worn whenever we post. It can be your own club blazer or a league blazer. I propose a competition to design the league blazer and tie. Btw I meant reigns.

No deletions, Godot, the man's staying, he said so. Anyone who's been involved with recruiting new members will tell you what a job it is, please don't make those long hours count for nil.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 26th January 2022, 9:42 AM

No deletions, Godot, the man's staying, he said so. Anyone who's been involved with recruiting new members will tell you what a job it is, please don't make those long hours count for nil.

I recruited Badge and Chappers some years back - I know how hard it is. But as ever it's Lazzard's choice.

Missed your intended pun on reign so have deleted my *

Keep me in.
Think of me as the 'control' sample.

with Bunter taking the reigns.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 26th January 2022, 9:27 AM

Are you sure, I was expecting we'd all have to wear blazers..

Did you say something about this Herc? Yes, I think I did Herc,