BCG Fantasy Premier League 2021/22 Page 19

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 20th August 2021, 1:02 AM

Some of Don's posts always bring this picture to mind for me

[url=https://ibb.co/6B3pWkM]

[/url]

:D

My posts are sincere and sent with the best of intentions. No hidden agenda. Always on the side of truth and justice.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 20th August 2021, 1:58 PM

Just a weak joke. Both you and Larry fielded players involved in transfer negs like Lingard or Kane - so they were the ultimate punts.

I'll never use Kane if I'm able to. ;)

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 20th August 2021, 2:40 PM

I'll never use Kane if I'm able to. ;)

You want to start the season joke comp with a -1pt? :D

Laughing out loud

I'll take what I can get.

Just a quick admin note.

JP Pass/Shotgun Blues has now rejoined the league and is very welcome. We now have 15 officially sanctioned players which is probably the most ever.

Let's keep it that way. All it takes is one post per game week.

I've done 30 already so I'm covered until March.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 20th August 2021, 6:57 PM

I've done 30 already so I'm covered until March.

You posted regularly last season so I don't think you're going fail the quota, it's a couple of others I'm worried about.

Well it's almost week 2 and I haven't taken a transfer hit yet so I;m proud of that
especially as one of my players seems to have moved to another club

Remember lads, "post or you're toast".

And lets not be having all these 100+ points this week. It's disheartening for us mere mortals at this game.
Interesting in the H2H though. Top players against each other this week.
Godot gave me a right tonking last week and Alf'll probably do the same this week.

I doubt it. I've started without the big hitters again for reasons of frugality and I don't want to use a wildcard so early this time. So I'm just testing the waters at the mo, looking at my options.

Don't forget Cliquers, you can supplement your footy fan fun with another game by joining the BCG Sky Super 6 league. Code is RX5KK7 (all caps) and it's not too late to join or catch up. It's different but just as fun and also free. Morning.

RIGHT! Even more of a f**king disastrous start than last year, with me being the only twat to play Kane it seems - clearly all and sundry read something I didn't, as I picked my team with rose-tinted glasses.

Anyway, throwing caution to the wind with a dash of shit or bust, I've played my Wild Card even earlier than last year, and chucking me lot into a very strong mid-field, and f**k the strikers.

I'm determined not to spend the whole season fart arsing about in the bottom three like last time.

I rung Lukaku, and told him "Sorry mate, you've left it a bit too late to make me team. Besides you were bit of a poisoned chalice last time I gave you a chance", and as for the FPL Scout foaming at the mouth over Unlukaku - he can go and shove his willy up his bum. cleaned that up in case the vicar logs on

I will now sit back and watch Romelu take the FPL by storm and make me eat my words. Wouldn't surprise me in the least, as I have an uncanny knack of doing/saying the wrong thing, and looking a prat. Geek

A lot of the top teams are playing the bottom teams this week - as in rating not position.
So you'd think the results would be easy to pick - but that never happens does it.
I've stuck with Salah as captain but it doesn't gain much as so have many others.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 21st August 2021, 9:35 AM

A lot of the top teams are playing the bottom teams this week - as in rating not position.
So you'd think the results would be easy to pick - but that never happens does it.
I've stuck with Salah as captain but it doesn't gain much as so have many others.

Fairly sensible - he is definitely the best current player named Mohammed. I see my dear friend Herc has gone into his own world of occasional meltdown again. I do try to help but even my characteristic stability doesn't always help. The thing about Lukaku-ku-ku - alleged to be much improved - is that he is a one goal merchant. Hardly ever scores more. Reasonable enough but in the school of Calvert-Lewin and Luke Shaw.

(Spot the red herring here that only the naive will fall for).

I have a long memory. Can recall how he was when Benteke was outstanding - yep, that long ago; Arteta was loved by more people than his Mum; Ravel Morrison was the new wonderkid on the block - sure they had to put a lump of metal on his hoodie to drag him away from standing under dark railway arches but for a couple of games the magnet actually worked; and Suarez was showing not only how it should be done but sending dentists out of work by proving how much is repaired by sinking into the nearest neck or arm.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 21st August 2021, 9:23 AM

RIGHT! Even more of a f**king disastrous start than last year, with me being the only twat to play Kane it seems - clearly all and sundry read something I didn't, as I picked my team with rose-tinted glasses.

I had Kane in my team. For a few days. And then realised there was no chance of him playing. I can show you how I came to this conclusion if you want. I've got plenty of crayons and paper to put something together for you.

I've leapt on the Lukaku gamble this week as well. Hopefully it'll be more successful than my Sancho instead of Fernandes gamble...