BCG Fantasy Premier League 2021/22 Page 15

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 16th August 2021, 11:28 AM

especially if you are going to delete the League of Gentlemen. (?)

I think I will keep it active for the moment so that those who are "booted" from the main league will have somewhere to continue to compete.

Languishing just of the bottom.
A points deduction for extra transfer hasn't helped - thanks to severely crocked squad and a dogged, but possibly misguided determination to get Lukaku.
That's what you get for accepting computer generated team week one 'cos you're in a hurry.
Mind you, I would never have picked Creswell and he netted 7 points.
Swings and roundabouts.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 17th August 2021, 8:19 AM

I think I will keep it active for the moment so that those who are "booted" from the main league will have somewhere to continue to compete.

Good thinking

I have read the new rules and accept them. But the requirement to post at least once a week seems a little unfair on those of us who through no fault of our own could spend longer time away, eg on holiday or in an asylum.

Also, I welcome the idea of the best joke competition but am not sure whether it needs to be about football. For example, ideally I would like to offer one about my recently departed dog which had no nose. Thank you.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 16th August 2021, 6:56 PM

1. Every league member will make at least one forum post every gameweek. (that is after the deadline and before the next deadline). Failure to do so will result in immediate booting. You are obviously encouraged to make more than one post per week, but that's the bare minimum.

Don't know if it's the Taliban pulling the strings, but I'm just a bit concerned that what you have laid down there is a bit harsh. OK, so fair enough, Dan is almost certain to get the push, but if you're not careful you might finish up with half what we have now, which would be a bummer, especially after all the work Alf and I put in to get members to sign up.

In my now age related crabby life I can go on a rant at the drop of a hat and so will probably post once a day at least, let alone once a week; BUT, say I'm ill or summat and can't post for one or two weeks - will I, or anyone for that matter, not get a credit for all the previous posts?

Just sayin' :(

**EDIT - This is my 61st post already on this thread - that's presently c. 5 a week

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 17th August 2021, 9:56 AM

Don't know if it's the Taliban pulling the strings, but I'm just a bit concerned that what you have laid down there is a bit harsh. OK, so fair enough, Dan is almost certain to get the push, but if you're not careful you might finish up with half what we have now, which would be a bummer, especially after all the work Alf and I put in to get members to sign up.

It's possible that by the end of the season the league will only consist of you, me, Steve, Kipper, Goodlad and Radish. But that will just be a reflection of the laziness and lack of sportsmanship of the people who could not be bothered to post. It's literally f**king nothing to ask that members make one bastard post per week. Two or three lines? Obviously if people develop quadriplegia, concussion or hebeprehnic schizophrenia such as Radish alluded to, I will cut them some slack but come on...

Lol, everybody will be in the gentlemen's league by October.
But, as we know, Godot is the very essence of kindness and tolerance and will likely be full of forgiveness for recalcitrant posters. As long as you give him the raised straight arm salute.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 16th August 2021, 10:56 AM

I have absolutely no problem with Godot taking over the admin duties. Good luck to him. And I hope we can put our differences of last season aside.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 17th August 2021, 8:19 AM

Seems you do have a problem with me taking over the admin duties.

Full disclosure; I asked Bunter in a PM if he would delete his league (to avoid confusion and so that we could use his 'League of Gentlemen' name - because it's good name and as a gesture to him for not getting the admin, which he thought he was). I was cool with his not wanting me to use his name but I'm not cool with him running a parallel league. He's got the admin next season, he should wait till then and not be an arse.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 17th August 2021, 10:30 AM

Lol, everybody will be in the gentlemen's league by October.
But, as we know, Godot is the very essence of kindness and tolerance and will likely be full of forgiveness for recalcitrant posters. As long as you give him the raised straight arm salute.

Sorry, SG, I should have included you as you are a regular member. I've amended my post.

As for the raised arm salute comment, quite amusing considering I said I would put decisions to a vote. Democracy eh? People don't even see it, let alone want it.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 17th August 2021, 12:54 AM

Please no Moura?

Steve, you are in four BCG-themed leagues. But there's only one official one - Cliquers. Why don't you you just delete the others from your account? Unless you like being in them and complaining about how many there are.

Quote: Lazzard @ 17th August 2021, 9:05 AM

Languishing just of the bottom.
A points deduction for extra transfer hasn't helped - thanks to severely crocked squad and a dogged, but possibly misguided determination to get Lukaku.
That's what you get for accepting computer generated team week one 'cos you're in a hurry.
Mind you, I would never have picked Creswell and he netted 7 points.
Swings and roundabouts.

Lazzard - welcome to the league. Really good to see another BCG'er from the class of '97.

Cavani and James should play this weekend but there are a few other players in your team who I don't think are gonna do a lot for you. I would play the wildcard in your situation, get in a new squad and write off this week. There's plenty of time over the season to catch up.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 17th August 2021, 10:50 AM

. I would play the wildcard in your situation, get in a new squad and write off this week. There's plenty of time over the season to catch up.

Feels early - but I was thinking the same.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 17th August 2021, 10:22 AM

It's possible that by the end of the season the league will only consist of you, me, Steve, Kipper, Goodlad and Radish. But that will just be a reflection of the laziness and lack of sportsmanship of the people who could not be bothered to post. It's literally f**king nothing to ask that members make one bastard post per week. Two or three lines? Obviously if people develop quadriplegia, concussion or hebeprehnic schizophrenia such as Radish alluded to, I will cut them some slack but come on...

Excellent news.

I only asked because I have just recently received a formal diagnosis.

Apparently I am a yo-yo club.

All I need to know now from my lateral flow saline test is whether it is the Norwich or Fulham variant.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 17th August 2021, 10:43 AM

.................use his 'League of Gentlemen' name - because it's good name .........................

That was part of the reason I suggested "The Gents"

I'll get me coat....................

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 17th August 2021, 10:22 AM

IIt's literally f**king nothing to ask that members make one bastard post per week.

Couldn't agree more.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 17th August 2021, 11:30 AM

That was part of the reason I suggested "The Gents"

I'll get me coat....................

There's a hipster barber in Streatham called Gents of Town. I quite like that as a name. It's a bit 'Duke of Earl' and 'Town' could mean a football club or high society, so is ironically appropriate.

Quote: Lazzard @ 17th August 2021, 11:04 AM

Feels early - but I was thinking the same.

That's because it is early, but what are the options? You've got two good keeper choices for the weekend but even if James and Maddison start the midfield is lacklustre imho.

Do you really want to go forward with two City defenders? Cavanni missed pre-season and is in quarantine. I doubt he'll start against Southampton although he should get some minutes.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 17th August 2021, 12:01 PM

There's a hipster barber in Streatham called Gents of Town. I quite like that as a name. It's a bit 'Duke of Earl' and 'Town' could mean a football club or high society, so is ironically appropriate.

Just thought mine was a bit naughty.................others no good? :(

Quite liked God's Own - suggesting your new management

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 17th August 2021, 12:04 PM

Just thought mine was a bit naughty.................others no good? :(

Quite liked God's Own - suggesting your new management

Next you will be suggesting God's Own Country Cottages.

I'm all for the agrarian life you delightfully live in but it can be taken too far.