BCG Fantasy Premier League 2021/22 Page 13

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 15th August 2021, 12:06 PM

I accept.

I wish you well Billy, and if you need any help in anyway, let me know. :)

Real premier League.
The commentator just said about man city; they have over £500M worth of players on the pitch and £350M on the bench

Bye Mahrez
#Kneejerkreaction

Well done those that had faith in Son despite the tricky fixture

I did but replacing Fernandez with him with half an hour to go wasn't a good move. Still, not complaining, well done Son.

Now on to a League Announcement -

Godot Taxis is the new Adminner of the Cliquers league on a one season basis. He will hand it over to someone else at the end of the season and I would presume Billy Bunter is the front runner for that, if he'll still want it. won't be down to me though.

I made a commitment last season to hand over to Godot, so I'm honouring it. Thanks for for efforts this weekend Billy, but the commitment had been made months ago. He has very good IT skills so I would expect any issues to be sorted far quicker than I could, although we're not expecting any more. Good luck all.

First and foremost, I'm a Gooner but I have been laughing like a hyena ever since I saw this result.

Didn't watch or listen to it of course. Not them two horrible clubs. I went out and mowed the lawns.

Can't stand Guardiola. He's my least favourite of the 20 managers. To my mind, he's always picked out clubs where the big money is, he's got the moodiness of a four year old, he's trying to knuckle in on Southgate's job, and he always has been totally overrated. All you need to do is assess his so-called brilliant protegee Arteta to get that one. I'd quite like us to spend every penny we have actually to get Nuno to us by next month.

Some spend a lifetime reading tea leaves. I have recently taken up reading beards. I did get a mate to pull out a few tufts when he wasn't looking. Under the microscope, it is Aquarius which matches his birth sign. Not many do. I also found from its DNA that its origins can be found in a very rare plant on the pilgrim trail to Santiago de Compostela. I can only assume this is why Kane - who at least according to my research hails from 17th century devil worshippers - currently has such a problem.

Congratulations, Godot. Commiserations to Billy.

Looks like I missed the start.

So now we have two (virtually) identical leagues running at the same time. Don't understand why you asked me to set up the new league and not Godot if you had always intended him to run it once sorted out. And 14 people have taken time to sign up to a new league in response to my PMs, quite unneccesarily. What a complete waste of my - and everybody else's - time.

There's a brewery down the road that needs a piss-up organising now you've got some time to spare.

If I had known this was a website of men from the ministry I might have chosen instead Eugene Cheese.

Quote: A Horseradish @ 15th August 2021, 9:23 PM

If I had known this was a website of men from the ministry I might have chosen instead Eugene Cheese.

At last someone is talking sense

Sorry Billy but you're not telling it right. No offence but

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 14th August 2021, 7:46 AM

If it still doesn't work for you, do you want to see if you can transfer administrator duties to me and I'll see if it works for me.

I couldn't do that for technical reasons and for reasons of a prior commitment to Godot on that. But after failing to resolve the technical issue, agreed that you should transfer players over to the league you'd already created, and I suggested you just post your code here to save you the bother of PMing everyone.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 14th August 2021, 5:02 PM

Okay, post your new league code here BB, whoever doesn't see it we can PM it to them.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 14th August 2021, 7:43 PM

Definitely. Could save a lot of time PMing, a lot of members have been on the thread today, so why not put it up and save a lot of faffing. Your delete player button works if any more intruders see it. The sooner we get our lot transferred over the better imo.

At no point did I suggest you taking over admin. You assumed it but I was willing to let it happen to get the BCG clique only league back because I had no idea that Godot would be posting when I was still up with the solution. So when I found his method worked, I could then transfer admin over to him as a thank you and honouring the pledge of last season.

But I gave him an ultimatum, tell me he still wants it by end of today or I'll give it to Billy as I wanted this resolved by midnight. Unfortunately you had assumed it was going to you and if Godot hadn't have replied (just before 7pm) it would have done. Again I didn't know if Godot would reply in time, and was counting the clock down ready to pass it to you until he PMed his acceptance. Within minutes I announced it, but you'd already assumed the proposed recipient was you.

Afaik you are in line for it next season. Godot kept to his side of the bargain to make it a single season stint. I couldn't have been more above board with it. Always more than one person to satisfy.

Quote: don rushmore @ 15th August 2021, 8:06 PM

Congratulations, Godot. Commiserations to Billy.

Likewise :)

Quote: Chappers @ 15th August 2021, 8:09 PM

Looks like I missed the start.

I've absolutely no sympathy Dave - I reminded you a number of times on here and with PMs!!

But you might as well join and miss a week, as I've made my usual shit start.

Afghanistan has f**k all on us for change of leaderships.

I have absolutely no problem with Godot taking over the admin duties. Good luck to him. And I hope we can put our differences of last season aside.

It's the waste of everybody's time prior to that that I object to. That and the fact that we now have yet another BCG league. (And where does that leave jp pass?) Especially when:

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 15th August 2021, 10:01 AM

I said it would be fixed quickly and it was. It was no major world crisis.

So why the panic on Friday night/Saturday?

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 15th August 2021, 10:39 AM

And the reason being is because last season he didn't post and Alf has deleted him (although, he doesn't seem bothered), despite the fact he has posted twice already in the new season and even offered to help with the "problems."

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 16th August 2021, 10:56 AM

(And where does that leave jp pass?)

I did say previous (see above), that he has now posted (twice) on this current thread (that's twice as many as a LOT of people on here) and should be included in the Cliquers league, especially if you are going to delete the League of Gentlemen. (?)
And again, I did point out that he even offered to help out with the admin,and the more the merrier

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 16th August 2021, 10:56 AM

I have absolutely no problem with Godot taking over the admin duties. Good luck to him. And I hope we can put our differences of last season aside.

As mentioned before, Godot and I have had our "moments", but it all worked out OK, I'm glad to say :)