BCG Fantasy Premier League 2021/22 Page 14

PRICE RISES

Richarlison - £7.6m
Pogba - £7.6m
Fernandes - £12.1m

Can the season stop now?

No need to congratulate me for getting the league admin detail. I didn't have to wrestle a dangerous dog or anything.

Statement and rules to follow...

Quote: don rushmore @ 15th August 2021, 8:06 PM

Congratulations, Godot. Commiserations to Billy.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 15th August 2021, 11:24 PM

Likewise :)

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 16th August 2021, 4:19 PM

No need to congratulate me for getting the league admin detail. I didn't have to wrestle a dangerous dog or anything.

Statement and rules to follow...

:(

And I've said all along you would make a very good adminner...............lick, lick, creep, creep, crawl, crawl.... Hug

Right then...

Admin statement

Despite hating most of you I am not going to abuse my power as league admin. There will be no summary deletions for scoring higher than me or being a wanker. You can only get booted for one thing: not posting. The posting requirements are set out below and are unbelievably modest. For that reason there will be no second chances. (There is an exception for week one. In other words, members failing to post after this gameweek will not be deleted. They will have until the deadline of GW3. This is only to give new members and posters like Ben a fair crack of the whip. After that you will be gone if you don't post).

It seems highly likely that Dan will get an early bath. That is a shame but can't be helped.

It has become a tradition to award a number of ancillary prizes along with the winner's cup. I will continue that tradition. There will be

• An overall winners' cup/prize
• A prize for the best composited image (i.e. a funny pic you made)
• A prize for the best joke
• A prize for the best bit of football analysis/rant (this can be serious or comedic)

I will decide the winners and as admin obviously cannot compete for or win these prizes myself.

There will be occasional competitions throughout the season, with prizes. (Note to Gambling Commission and police; these prizes are not real).

I am not anticipating any admin problems going forward but if there are any that require a decision I will be using a democratic vote, rather than handing down a ruling from on high.

We have 14 members so any binding vote must involve at least 8 members. Members will post their vote in the forum and the majority decision will pass.

I will be admin for this season only and will be handing over to Bunter at the end. I hope my stint will become the model for future admins.

Rules

1. Every league member will make at least one forum post every gameweek. (that is after the deadline and before the next deadline). Failure to do so will result in immediate booting. You are obviously encouraged to make more than one post per week, but that's the bare minimum.

A post cannot consist of nonsense, a stream of consciousness, a single word, information on the FPL site (such as price rises) or a quote. It must be a proper post that is addressed to the forum and relates to the game or the league. You're all witty people (mostly) and you know what a decent post looks like; so post gentlemen.

Quote: jphellpool @ 15th August 2021, 9:04 AM

Now I'm in the new one created by Billy, but not the clique league. Laughing out loud

You are welcome to rejoin the league. Although you were excluded previously I see no fair or logical reason to exclude you for this season based on last season's behaviour, but please read the rules. You must post every week. Last season's effort will get you chucked out.

Phew, no booting for being a wanker.

I've started off in my usual "start of the season being at/near the bottom of the league" in my leagues, hah. I seem to jump up the rankings around mid-season/Christmas and end up mid-table.

Harry Kanes destination and Romelu Lukaku seem to big spanners in the works for forward thinking
Have never really liked Lukaku much in previous seasons despite having often bought him from time to time, but with more experience and in that Chelsea team I'll be keeping my eye on how he's doing
Hopefully he'll donkey it up again, and I can ignore him, but I somehow doubt it

Is the 'proper' league Gentlemen or Cliquers?

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 16th August 2021, 8:10 PM

Saved by the skin of your teeth again.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 16th August 2021, 8:10 PM

Laughing out loud

Quote: don rushmore @ 16th August 2021, 11:20 PM

Is the 'proper' league Gentlemen or Cliquers?

Cliquers.

But it will be getting a name change in the next days.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 16th August 2021, 11:33 PM

Cliquers.

But it will be getting a name change in the next days.

Ooh, are you going to run a competition so we can all put our pennyworth in?

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 16th August 2021, 11:54 PM

Ooh, are you going to run a competition so we can all put our pennyworth in?

Okay. Go for it.

Please no Moura?

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 17th August 2021, 12:19 AM

Okay. Go for it.

THE GENTS
KNOBS UNTIED*
GOD'S OWN

and in homage to those Top of the Pops dancers.....
BOOTS & CO

*EDIT For those pedants, and Chappers - I haven't misspelt it.