Euros 20/21 Page 14

Well done, England!England

Fantastic result! Scared the dog and the baby twice with screaming. Grealish always breathes some life into a game.

I observed several finger sniffs, along with a taste. What is wrong with that guy?

Shaw was crap and Sterling too greedy - in the first half. Then both these things turned around in the second half.

Quote: DaButt @ 29th June 2021, 6:59 PM

Fantastic result! Scared the dog and the baby twice with screaming. Grealish always breathes some life into a game.

I observed several finger sniffs, along with a taste. What is wrong with that guy?

Shitting himself although I thought he was picking his nose.

That's one way to make up for a Penalty miss
Well Done Gareth for getting England to be a team first and foremost

Now Cue media frenzy and the assumption that any team that Isn't Italy, Spain or France is easy

Have I misunderstood or is Joachim Low's successor Herr Flick?

https://www.eurosport.com/football/euro-2020/2021/euro-2020-opinion-what-new-manager-hansi-flick-must-do-to-turn-germany-into-winners-again_sto8396664/story.shtml

Let's hope he doesn't get a small assistant.

Great result, solid rather than electrifying performance and this has to be one of the weakest Kraut sides of all time, but we won. Southgate's mission for a strong defence is coming good now. Maguire was well up for it and he, Rice and Philips pushed the usually fearsome Bosch midfield around, how often does that happen? And even Grealish's use as a sub is looking spot on now. We play a team in yellow next.

Can I use this this space to recruit new members for our FPL clique league? As I see a few posters here who've not yet joined up. Anyone interested let us know and we'll PM you the joining code. All free. Cheers.

Never saw that coming, after the first half, and shouted two rude words when I saw Sterling go from hero to nearly villain in a matter of minutes - WTF was he thinking? Apart from which, they had the Germans on the ropes and then (again, f**king annoyingly Angry) started playing the ball back to our defence, hence the near Sterling disaster. Stop doing that!! Grrrrr!

So pleased to see Kane score at last as I think he thought he was jinxed and this should settle him. Man of the Match for me was Pickford, who will defo be my goalkeeper when the FPL starts in August - no copying my team tips! Cool

It wasn't so much the joy of seeing England win as the looks on the faces of the German team and their supporters that I loved.

I think there's a German word for that!

Quote: Chappers @ 30th June 2021, 1:40 PM

I think there's a German word for that!

Yes ummm, now just what is that - it's on the tip of my tongue. :D But I expect we were all enjoying it.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 30th June 2021, 4:23 PM

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 29th June 2021, 9:20 PM

Have I misunderstood or is Joachim Low's successor Herr Flick?

https://www.eurosport.com/football/euro-2020/2021/euro-2020-opinion-what-new-manager-hansi-flick-must-do-to-turn-germany-into-winners-again_sto8396664/story.shtml

So I was right then.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 30th June 2021, 5:17 PM

So I was right then.

Jawohl!! Tommy.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 29th June 2021, 6:57 PM

Well done, England!England

With the Krauts and Frogs knocked out by non EUers, here's hoping we meet up in a proudly Non EU Euros Final. We could do a trade deal at half time. Hug

As I did with Scotland, to cover the disappointment if England lost, (also had a £10 draw bet on that match) I have put a £5 on at 15/2 for a Ukraine win.

I hope I'm not getting hooked, as this is all new to me. :(