Euros 20/21 Page 11

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 20th June 2021, 8:37 AM

I know my eyesight is poor, but it seems to me that some of the stadiums, Hungary v France for e.g. are heaving with spectator fans - so much for Covid precautions?

I was gobsmacked although not too surprised when I saw that crowd. Although I do believe Hungary has one of the highest covid vax rates in the world, after rejecting the EU option and getting theirs from Russia. I'm guessing they were all tested before entering, like the others were, but it's only a guess. Huh?

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 20th June 2021, 9:13 AM

I was gobsmacked although not too surprised when I saw that crowd. Although I do believe Hungary has one of the highest covid vax rates in the world, after rejecting the EU option and getting theirs from Russia. I'm guessing they were all tested before entering, like the others were, but it's only a guess. Huh?

I thought it was a shame, that with a little bit of effort, they could have filled Wembley a bit better than they did, and convinced that with those extra Jocks etc. cheering, somebody would have won.

Good luck Wales this afternoon. Wales The Italians are on fire, but you can do it!

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 20th June 2021, 9:00 AM

Don't forget if England were to win the group they would play France, Portugal or Germany. If they finish second, they'll play the runners-up of group E (probably Poland/Slovakia/Sweden).

Clearly the best strategy is not to win the group.

I wish I could forget it, it's seared in my mind. Didn't Southgate have this same problem at the World Cup? Come first play Brazil, come 2nd play Sweden, which we did. The trouble is with the way we've started this time, if he does choose the safe option to draw against the Czechs like he did against the Jocks, everyone will be on England's backs and they may not have the confidence left to beat a bunch of Slavs even.

I have a strong inkling already we'll be playing the Krauts in the next round. Teary

I took solace in Jurgen Klinsmann's words.
We all think we played poorly but he said 'England are a very good team, right at the top and everyone fears them.
The spark wasn't there against Scot;and but they still played brilliantly

It's hard to see when you are too involved but nobody has scored against us yet.

Well done Wales anyone?

Ok I'll say it then
Da iawn Cymru

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 21st June 2021, 2:00 AM

Well done Wales anyone?

Ok I'll say it then
Da iawn Cymru

I did wish them good luck...............

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 20th June 2021, 9:20 AM

Good luck Wales this afternoon. Wales The Italians are on fire, but you can do it!

And yes, they played well, and quenched the Italians embers.

Nobody will remember they squeaked it with a diminishing goal difference.

Good luck Wales - with Bale in there, you always have a chance.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 20th June 2021, 9:00 AM

Don't forget if England were to win the group they would play France, Portugal or Germany. If they finish second, they'll play the runners-up of group E (probably Poland/Slovakia/Sweden).

Clearly the best strategy is not to win the group.

Excellent point. Southgate's boyish looks and innocent persona is a front. He did well with England's under 21's.

Well done Denmark, through in some style too, found their Euro qualifying form. Shame Wales have them next, as I fancy they'll be on a roll now. Southgate sweats on Mount while the whole nation hopes he has to self isolate if it's the only way of getting Grealish on the pitch. Or maybe they'd rather we didn't win, to get Slovakia instead of Germany?

If I was Basil Brush I'd consider that strongly. Nothing wrong with it, just good game management to ensure we get further. I just don't think he's got the bottle to do it and we'll face getting flattened by the Waffen SS in their Tiger tanks. :( Unless our lads can put up one more woeful performance to ensure we don't win. Bring on Henderson. :)

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 21st June 2021, 11:32 PM

Southgate sweats on Mount while the whole nation hopes he has to self isolate if it's the only way of getting Grealish on the pitch.

Ah yes, the nation's saviour whose main contribution to any game is a 1990s haircut, a 1950s dribbling style and the ability to get kicked to the floor every 3 or 4 minutes.

It is noticeable how players' reputations get enhanced out of all merit just by sitting on the bench. No doubt when Grealish comes on and disappoints, as he inevitably will, our next "saviour" will be Jandon Sancho. As long as he doesn't actually have to come on and do anything...

I really don't understand this Covid fear surrounding Billy Gilmour, Mason Mount and Ben Chilwell.

I'm sure Gilmour must've contaminated all his Scottish team mates. Was there no hugging there? They either isolate them all or none. it doesn't make any sense.

Am in a bubble with 3 Scots
Am planning to watch England in the Shed let them have the main Telly

Although I'm thinking the Scotland Match might be the better to watch as it has much more at stake

Sky are doing a free bet on the England match. (Well a free bet to the value of your bet)
I put £5 on England to win 3 1 and it was immediately credited to me.

Stupid question.

Why is it the cameramen or directors always pick out the beautiful girls in the stadium?

And why are they there anyway as they obviously know nothing about football.

(Runs away and hides.)