Euros 20/21 Page 19

Going back to the semis, Spain blew it large. Cut Italy to pieces in midfield but couldn't stick the ball in the net. :( Now leaves us with a difficult final against the tricky Ities who have rolling around in agony before being miraculously cured a minute later down to an art. Must be all those OCD prayers and crosses they make all the time. Half of our lot do that now as well so maybe it really works. :S

WTF was Southgate doing with Grealish? Has he got an injury they've kept quiet or has Gareth lost the plot? :S He could have saved the legs of a regular by keeping him on and help kill off the game with a genuine goal. Instead we rely on the softest effing penalty ever given. I know those usually go to our opponents but I'd rather they did, I don't think it suits us at all to be doing what the Ities and Argies and that lot have always done. Having said that, I'd be more than happy to see Grealish come on and go down 15 times in the penalty area in his 10 minute cameo. Pirate

Sterling gets a lot of criticism for his greed and diving. He does it like a script. Run at defenders, fall over, penalty.
It has never sat well with me though, it's just not British, oh, I can say English this time.

Southgate said it was tactical with Grealish - not an injury.

I only hope Southgate makes any (required) substitutions with at least 30 mins to go, not with the usual 8 to 10 mins,

And personally - love Saka, love Grealish but i want to see Chiellini & Bonucci's faces if Foden gets on.

Channel 4 showing the 1966 World Cup Final @ 5.40 tonight. If you don't want to know the score, look away now...

Luckily no goal line technology or VAR.

Down the charity shop on Monday with my redundant 1966 memorabilia :(

I sold my unopened bottle of Watney's World Cup Willy Pale Ale about a couple of years ago for about £3, and a small pub banner for a fiver.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 11th July 2021, 11:00 AM

I sold my unopened bottle of Watney's World Cup Willy Pale Ale about a couple of years ago for about £3

You surely could have got more than three quid.

Quote: chipolata @ 11th July 2021, 12:14 PM

You surely could have got more than three quid.

They're not that rare it seems, and my memory is slipping, but found it on my spreadsheet from two years ago - it sold for £5.09, and the label had a slight bit of damage on it. The Watneys 1966 World Cup promo pennant, which was deteriorating, actually went for £3.96

OOER Should we read something into this, or is someone having a joke?

Never noticed it before until say the re-run of the 1966 World Cup.

Why is the England strip almost the same as the 1966 West Germany kit? We need to know these things!

You mean white, the end.

I like the way Maguire deliberately gave away a corner in the 1st minute in order to set up the goal. Clearly straight off the training field.

Italy have bossed most of this game tbh

Equaliser was definitely coming

No penalties please...