Euros 20/21 Page 10

Quote: Lazzard @ 18th June 2021, 10:02 PM

Sorry.
I just thought you were going to start your own "Taking the Knee Thread" so you could drone on about It to your hearts content without boring the tits off the rest of us.
It's why I had your earlier posts greyed out.

I thought you mean't that this picture had already been posted in the Fantasy football thread
Thus the Sunshine reference

(Open top Bus celebration postponed due to Covid)

Best result though and well done Scotland
Now both teams can qualify, if England haven't scraped in already

I just thought you were going to start your own "Taking the Knee Thread" so you could drone on about It to your hearts content without boring the tits off the rest of us.

You, you mean.

Quote: Chappers @ 18th June 2021, 10:32 PM

I wondered. I never expected Aaron to even care about off-topic in a football thread.

I don't think he does, but Lazz is a big cheese you know.

It's why I had your earlier posts greyed out.

Quote: Lazzard @ 18th June 2021, 10:21 PM

Reported his last post - requested it be greyed out.
Simple.

The irony being that by "greying it out", you highlight it, and make people curious.
AND by quoting it, you double highlighted it Laughing out loud

I hereby swear, by all I hold dear, not to mention it again, and if you could see me now, I am on one knee as I say this. :D

I did wonder why it was greyed out with Aaron not being the slightest bit interested in football but VAR says it was the correct decision
But back on topic again

Good luck to the Scots on Tuesday
Don't say we never do you any favours ( Holland 1996 anyone?)
Just score a goal when you need to this time

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 19th June 2021, 12:07 AM

I did wonder why it was greyed out with Aaron not being the slightest bit interested in football but VAR says it was the correct decision
But back on topic again

Yes, :) Sorry if you were perplexed, but I simply modified (the text) the graphic - the "sunshine" was pure coincidence, I did ponder that and wonder if I should have put "son" instead.

So, as I've said previous - I appear to be £35 up on my twin £10 bet (taxes ?) as I'm not totally au fait with this betting lark. How much did you make?
I know in the dying minutes of the match I certainly didn't want England to score. :D

Thanks for the tip, Steve. :)

I was easy money with Scotland being 9 to 1 and the draw 4 to 1
Silly not to punt in a game where the bookies have been silly, or the English gamblers have skewed the odds

I made a tenner, I only bet little bits, 2 quid on the draw
Obviously I lost a bit back by backing England late on, but I ended up with enough to buy a Caramel Magnum or two

Hmm, it looked like the team were told don't lose, rather than get the win. England were definitely compromised by the political sensitivities between us and Scotland at the mo imo. They really lacked the desire to win the ball never mind the game. :(

Southgate may think it gets him nearer his Knighthood for services to Political Correctness but it's losing him the backing of the fans. If they raise their game against the Czechs and win then all it does is confirm my suspicion they were under orders not to beat the Jocks. I can't explain such a weak performance any other way. :S

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 18th June 2021, 11:45 PM

Best result though

Eh? It was a f**king terrible result for England. If we can't beat the third lowest ranked team in the comp then we have NO chance of winning it. Our goalscoring ability's gone to shit in the last few games. Well done Gareth you negative twat.

I'll leave you to it - plenty of proper footie fans on Facebook.

And it's goodnight from him.

I'll leave you to it - plenty of proper footie fans on Facebook.

I hate it when people refer to it as footie. It sounds so middle class - the sort of people who only get involved when it's a big tournament - or girls!

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 19th June 2021, 1:47 AM

Hmm, it looked like the team were told don't lose, rather than get the win. England were definitely compromised by the political sensitivities between us and Scotland at the mo imo. They really lacked the desire to win the ball never mind the game. :(

A bit like that West Germany/East Germany stitch up against Austria you mean? A bit early for that.

Quote: don rushmore @ 19th June 2021, 2:42 AM

And it's goodnight from him.

Laughing out loud

You SG, I don't mind, Sir.

Oh, the irony - if only you knew.

**EDIT

Anyway, back to the football.

I can't see England standing a cat in hell's chance against the likes of France, Italy or Spain. They simply don't have the fire or desire, unlike our continental cousins.

France missing a hatful of chances.

Sadly the Germans look far far superior to us in every department

Like we are going to get far enough to meet them

I know my eyesight is poor, but it seems to me that some of the stadiums, Hungary v France for e.g. are heaving with spectator fans - so much for Covid precautions?

Don't forget if England were to win the group they would play France, Portugal or Germany. If they finish second, they'll play the runners-up of group E (probably Poland/Slovakia/Sweden).

Clearly the best strategy is not to win the group.