Saucy seaside postcards Page 47

Must be a miracle, it normally nearly disappears!

Still wearing the matching swimsuits though.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 6th April 2022, 9:13 AM

At least this one had a double meaning. Some of the others barely (!) had one.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 7th April 2022, 9:35 AM

I looked at this joke and I just didn't get it. Something has obviously just happened but I had no idea what.
I thought about it on and off for about 30 minutes and I still didn't get it.
Then suddenly an idea hit me and I thought 'Oh, that's really funny - and the funniest cartoon on this thread!' then I immediately added 'but it would never happen' and then 'It could never happen, surely?'
So perhaps I still don't get it?

I'll get my coat (again). :(

Quote: alison blunderland @ 7th April 2022, 12:49 PM

I looked at this joke and I just didn't get it. Something has obviously just happened but I had no idea what.
I thought about it on and off for about 30 minutes and I still didn't get it.
Then suddenly an idea hit me and I thought 'Oh, that's really funny - and the funniest cartoon on this thread!' then I immediately added 'but it would never happen' and then 'It could never happen, surely?'
So perhaps I still don't get it?

I'll get my coat (again). :(

It's generation thing- as you can see the card is a pre-war one (?), and when the toilet was at the bottom of the garden etc., you had a guzunder, a jerry or properly chamber pot (it had many names) so you could pee in the relative comfort of your bedroom. Not seeing one under the bed, which is where it usually lived ** (posh people had a commode cupboard to keep it in), she naively used his shaving mug - we have to let the cartoonist stretch a point to some extent, as I don't think anyone would be that daft.

And naughty new husband for emabarrasing her!

** You will see occasionally period sketches/farces set mid last century where someone is getting into bed and there's a "ding" as they catch it with their foot, and say something like "Ah, that's where it is"

That put me in mind of the old shaving brushes. Pure badger hair brushes.
Did they really kill badgers just for their hair?

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 8th April 2022, 8:41 AM

That put me in mind of the old shaving brushes. Pure badger hair brushes.
Did they really kill badgers just for their hair?

NO! Silly - Rupert Bear works in the badger's barbers and saves the floor sweepings for the brush makers.

Why the net?What did they plan to do with it?

Pedro really should have studied women's hairstyles a little more closely - he only ever mastered two.

he's cheating too. Far too close to the dartboard.