Saucy seaside postcards Page 39

Quote: psmith @ 12th February 2022, 5:18 AM

What's the significance of "Bamforth" ?

? He and McGill were the top artists of this genre!! And both fell foul of the obscenity laws then, with cards such as this one - my all time favourite McGill (yes, I've posted it before, but hey, it's effin' brilliant)

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 12th February 2022, 8:42 AM

? He and McGill were the top artists of this genre!! And both fell foul of the obscenity laws then, with cards such as this one - my all time favourite McGill (yes, I've posted it before, but hey, it's effin' brilliant)

The trouble with that is it only has one meaning as far as I can see.

Definitely two.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 12th February 2022, 12:03 PM

Definitely two.

Definitely - that's the beauty of it. Oh Chappers, don't be so naïve, and there was me thinking you were a man of the world. ?

I can only see the one meaning too! (The innocent one escapes me.)

Swears accidentally

Quote: Aaron @ 12th February 2022, 3:55 PM

I can only see the one meaning too! (The innocent one escapes me.)

It's no good, I'm going to have to spell it out, but I'm not telling you about the birds and the bees! Get a book.

1/. If someone says a swear word, in the heat of the moment they didn't mean, they might say "Sorry, it slipped out"

2/. If the man's stiff willy slips out when rumpy pumpy is being indulged in, and the woman is not happy with the situation, she might well say a swear word at her annoyance of what has just happened, as it missed the "target"

I think it was the innocent explanation that they missed, Herc!

Quote: beaky @ 13th February 2022, 9:14 AM

I like to make sure my audience are all on board, and clearly there are still some "innocents" out there.

Quote: beaky @ 13th February 2022, 9:14 AM

Exactly.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 13th February 2022, 4:19 PM

"I thought you were incubating the eggs!"

Cover me Jones, I'm going in... It might get a bit hairy.

?