Saucy seaside postcards Page 36

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 22nd January 2022, 9:16 AM

Strange skin colouring.

The bellend.

Apologies for the quality of some of these, taken from a new source - fortunately there's not many of them

Don't understand that one, Herc.

Dicky bow I presumed.

Quote: beaky @ 30th January 2022, 7:24 PM

Don't understand that one, Herc.

I think it's a poor innuendo play on dicky/penis, OR could be her remonstrating the neighbour who said her husband hadn't got a proper shirt. Also sounds like a willy.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 30th January 2022, 8:04 PM

Dicky bow I presumed.

No, the dicky is the 2 piece with collar band linking white thing hanging on the line - it was a starched shirt front worn under a coat or waistcoat to give the impression of a shirt, with usually matching shirt cuffs. Comedians used to use them for a joke, when they would roll up under the chin as they unbuttoned their coat - Les Dawson used to do that, as did many others

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 30th January 2022, 11:10 PM

No, the dicky is the 2 piece with collar band linking white thing hanging on the line - it was a starched shirt front worn under a coat or waistcoat to give the impression of a shirt, with usually matching shirt cuffs. Comedians used to use them for a joke, when they would roll up under the chin as they unbuttoned their coat - Les Dawson used to do that, as did many others

I never knew this! You learn something every day round these here parts. ?

Quote: Aaron @ 31st January 2022, 12:16 PM

I never knew this! You learn something every day round these here parts. ?

I'm old and have been collecting (useless) trivia for years..............