Saucy seaside postcards Page 37

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 30th January 2022, 8:04 PM

Dicky bow I presumed.

Actually you have highlighted summat I never thought about before - I reckon the bow tie worn with a dicky, is where the name dicky bow came from originally. Perhaps even a bow tie that was specially made for a dicky.
Something and nothing, but I'm keen on etymology, so need to let that naughty Susie Dent know, next time we go out on a date.

This is more like it. This is what the troops have come to read.....................

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 31st January 2022, 11:16 PM

Actually you have highlighted summat I never thought about before - I reckon the bow tie worn with a dicky, is where the name dicky bow came from originally. Perhaps even a bow tie that was specially made for a dicky.
Something and nothing, but I'm keen on etymology, so need to let that naughty Susie Dent know, next time we go out on a date.

OR, similar to the dickie, a dickie bow is a fake pre-tied thing?

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 1st February 2022, 9:00 AM

This is more like it. This is what the troops have come to read.....................

I love this one.

Quote: Aaron @ 1st February 2022, 6:30 PM

OR, similar to the dickie, a dickie bow is a fake pre-tied thing?

Good point

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 31st January 2022, 11:16 PM

Something and nothing, but I'm keen on etymology

You like Butterflies?

? I do like that one!

I like this cartoonist's style, quite innocent jokes, too. Judging from her hairstyle they must have been stuck in the nineteen forties.

Yes,there's the H tv aerials though.Could be the fifties :)

Daphne described a scene like that in Frasier so it's passed the test of time anyway.

Unusual for not being about sex

Unless he was ....no, that's too risqué to contemplate

Quote: beaky @ 4th February 2022, 11:30 AM

Unusual for not being about sex

Wouldn't want you to miss out.................

Hardly think it was necessary to write Just Married on the bed - and who'd do that, anyway?