BCG Fantasy Premier League 2020/21 Page 66

Relegation in to the Subbuteo league is now a reality for 3 teams.

As I said before Ste, can you swivel?

Laughing out loud

The thing is, is I don't know what I am doing wrong. I've never had such a disastrous season as this. Below is my current team, who are all doing f**k all except for Martinez, and you can't say it's a bad team, can you?

I was quite sure of it, apart from Aina, and would have had Stones, but ran out of money.

Cursed, that's what I am. F**king cursed. I tell you, that if I could pick a team entirely with Man C. players, they would then go on a losing streak.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 3rd March 2021, 8:32 AM

Relegation in to the Subbuteo league is now a reality for 3 teams.

:D

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 4th March 2021, 3:55 PM

:D

Don't beam at his jokes................help me :(

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 3rd March 2021, 11:17 AM

The thing is, is I don't know what I am doing wrong. I've never had such a disastrous season as this. Below is my current team, who are all doing f**k all except for Martinez, and you can't say it's a bad team, can you?

I was quite sure of it, apart from Aina, and would have had Stones, but ran out of money.

Cursed, that's what I am. F**king cursed. I tell you, that if I could pick a team entirely with Man C. players, they would then go on a losing streak.

No, you don't have a bad team, but it's not about that, otherwise I would have the highest score this week because I've got the best team (not an idle boast - I'm the only player with a full two game eleven apart from Steve and he took a -12 to my -4).

You've got a few players I wouldn't want - James, Jorginho, Watkins - but the rest is fairly sound. I have a Chelsea defender but I would generally steer clear of Chelsea assets as Tuchel is a serial tinkerer like Pep. For 0.1m more than you paid for James you could have had Shaw and 12pts. Watkins got an assist but he is less effective without Grealish so again, I think you could have bought better here.

If you look at the highest scores - Steve and Dan - they both have Stones and they both have a low owned City player - Mahrez for Steve and Jesus for Dan. Obviously we'll never know why Dan bought Jesus, but it's an utterly boneheaded pick that instead of casting him further into oblivion has taken him past Billy and put him right up my arse. Steve can tell us why he bought Mahrez, but I don't think it was anything other than a lucky punt.

My City defender didn't play the first game but if he had, there's a possibility that Neither Stones or Dias would have scored - this is the lottery you're dealing with.

So in conclusion - dry your eyes mate. You've been shafted but some of it was your own doing and others are worse off - Goodlad's captain - a decent differential pick played 40 minutes. That's bad luck.

I wanted full City Coverage but didn't fancy keeping Sterling as can't hit a cows arse with a banjo half the time
Watching recent games when Sterling has scored Mahrez has been involved or assisted a lot of the time and in the games I'd seen recently he was always getting into good advanced positions so fancied him to score a bit in the Double game week or at least outscore Sterling
KDB's price is a bit prohibitive at present but Jesus might be a good idea somewhere down the line with the paucity of reliable forward players this season
Gundogan was just to cover myself as so many people had scored highly with him previously and he's cheapish so fair value

Not shipping out Maddison was a mistake though but it would have been a hit too far

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 4th March 2021, 4:59 PM

So in conclusion - dry your eyes mate. You've been shafted but some of it was your own doing and others are worse off - Goodlad's captain - a decent differential pick played 40 minutes. That's bad luck.

Thank you for all of that Godot, I really appreciate it. :) Perhaps next season - will you be there?

Becalmed at number 11 and soundly thrashed by Goodlad in the h2h - with not even a French Ref to blame.
I have come over all Klopp like, staring dumbly into the distance - with no f**king clue what to do.

Hi Vandens Ghost
So who is JP Pass then? or JP passed as I prefer to call him this week

Edit: him or her

Quote: playfull @ 5th March 2021, 1:04 AM

I have come over all Klopp like, staring dumbly into the distance - with no f**king clue what to do.

You've been reading my mind

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 5th March 2021, 1:36 AM

Hi Vandens Ghost

Edit: him or her

Parse

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 5th March 2021, 1:36 AM

He was given a trial pass this season for being a past player but hasn't passed the clique test. And as long as you don't pass me , you can stay in, although you were very late arriving, tut tut.

The worst is when you watch a game and one of your players passes to your captain of that week and he misses a tap in (Son > Kane v Fulham). You start counting the points you didn't get! I got an alert saying Sterling scored v Wolves but it got given as an own-goal (rightfully in the end). The torture of FPL...