BCG Fantasy Premier League 2020/21 Page 71

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 14th March 2021, 8:51 AM

I'll do my best to knock him down a peg this week but I've just noticed we have very similar teams, so it won't be easy. Could all ride on the captaincy nods, Bale v Kane. Go Gareth.

Meanwhile in the sensible league it's getting a bit tight at the top again. Just 30 odd points between the top 4 and 65 between 1st and 6th which probably still gives Horse and Godot a chance to do something special going into the last quarter, although chips may be needed for this. Current leader, late entry No Avinit has spent most of his, just to give encouragement to the chasing pack.

I've got two chips left I think, well I hope, WIld card and Triple captain
Bound to waste them both though

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 13th March 2021, 4:56 PM

Well, Steve has my rank basically, if I'd played GW1, and I consider that I've played well. Do you disagree?

Steve's rank, at time of writing, is 175K. Normally at this stage of the season our leader is 20K or better, so yes, I do disagree.

I think you've done OK so far, but "played well" is pushing it.

Winners Hall of Fame (And Overall Rank)

12/13 Gerry McDonnell Top 1K (!)
13/14 Steve Sunshine 3K
14/15 Don Rushmore 18K
15/16 Steve Sunshine 11K
16/17 Gerry McDonnell 11K
17/18 Anton Russell 20K
18/19 Don Rushmore 64K

Quote: don rushmore @ 14th March 2021, 10:29 PM

13/14 Steve Sunshine 3K
14/15 Don Rushmore 18K
15/16 Steve Sunshine 11K
17/18 Anton Russell 20K
18/19 Don Rushmore 64K

I endorse this post

Also the Don Rushmore 64K was my favourite home PC back in the eighties

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 14th March 2021, 5:59 PM

I've got two chips left I think, well I hope, WIld card and Triple captain
Bound to waste them both though

Ditto and ditto (more so)

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 15th March 2021, 5:48 AM

Ditto and ditto (more so)

Good luck with your operation today. I'm sure it will go well.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 15th March 2021, 7:40 AM

Good luck with your operation today. I'm sure it will go well.

Well, thank you Godot, that's very thoughtful of you, and I hope it does too of course, as the alternative is blindness if it doesn't. :(

Didn't sleep much last night.

Aye good luck with ya lamp op Herc.

Thank you Stephen

Quote: don rushmore @ 14th March 2021, 10:29 PM

13/14 Steve Sunshine 3K
14/15 Don Rushmore 18K
15/16 Steve Sunshine 11K
17/18 Anton Russell 20K
18/19 Don Rushmore 64K

Well, looking at that table, I can see why I haven't won the league - I'm posting too much!

Quote: don rushmore @ 14th March 2021, 10:01 PM

Steve's rank, at time of writing, is 175K. Normally at this stage of the season our leader is 20K or better, so yes, I do disagree.

I think you've done OK so far, but "played well" is pushing it.

18 green arrows, two 100+ scores, one 96, up ten places from last to fifth - with a one week less than everyone else -

'Pushing it', yeah?

F**k off, you c**t.

Yes good luck with the op Herc
fingers crossed it all goes smoothly

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 15th March 2021, 8:32 AM

Well, thank you Godot, that's very thoughtful of you, and I hope it does too of course, as the alternative is blindness if it doesn't. :(

Didn't sleep much last night.

I sympathise Herc, the lead up to ops are horrible. I had a different one to yours, but the day before was a nightmare. Decided I wasn't going and pretended I was perfectly okay and didn't need it. But kept looking at the letter realising someone else could have had that slot so somehow I turned up on time next morning a quivering wreck and they had to bring a doctor in to reassure me, but I think they do that anyway. The good news is of course they make you better, but the day before is utter dread. Hope all goes well and recovery is quick.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 15th March 2021, 10:45 PM

Yes good luck with the op Herc
fingers crossed it all goes smoothly

Thank you Steve :)

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 16th March 2021, 5:41 AM

I sympathise Herc, the lead up to ops are horrible. I had a different one to yours, but the day before was a nightmare. Decided I wasn't going and pretended I was perfectly okay and didn't need it. But kept looking at the letter realising someone else could have had that slot so somehow I turned up on time next morning a quivering wreck and they had to bring a doctor in to reassure me, but I think they do that anyway. The good news is of course they make you better, but the day before is utter dread. Hope all goes well and recovery is quick.

Thank you Alf. I did ask for a sedative when I got there, but the surgeon said no. He gave me the option of postponement and book another time with an anaesthetist, but I thought to hell with it - let's do it.

Anyway, the nurse promised me a lollipop, but it wasn't the euphemism I thought. :(

Rubbish couple of weeks from me, stupidly stopped myself bringing in Kane and Bale the week they scored points, then brought them in and they blanked. Can't afford double f**k ups when it's so close at the top. I'll console myself with the fact Anton almost mirrored me and other players' chips are gradually dwindling. But that doesn't mean mine are any good if I use them like a twonk. Steve's welcome to the pressure of leading, he's made his big charge several laps before the bell so I hope he's had his red bull or Lucozade or whatever it is marathon runners drink.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 16th March 2021, 6:19 AM

Thank you Steve :)

Thank you Alf. I did ask for a sedative when I got there, but the surgeon said no. He gave me the option of postponement and book another time with an anaesthetist, but I thought to hell with it - let's do it.

Anyway, the nurse promised me a lollipop, but it wasn't the euphemism I thought. :(

:) Brave man. All best with it.

70 points for me this week.