BCG Fantasy Premier League 2020/21 Page 69

Just can't enjoy this game.

Luck-in when Stones and Sterling get benched. Luck-in even more when De Bunchedknickers gets a scuffed goal, then f**king Ward Prowse gets a penalty. Who's the only person with Ward Prowse in our league? F**k you Ricketts!

I already reported him to the FFL about it

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 10th March 2021, 6:53 PM

I already reported him to the FFL about it

Thanks Steve.

Let's face it, he's had it coming.

Don't forget to report yourself about (c)Mahrez.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 10th March 2021, 4:17 PM

SEE!, all this talk of there not being a clique, yet these "certain" members are getting extras. Angry

Our league is called the 'Clique'. When I talk about 'sixth in the Clique' I mean sixth in our league. I'm currently sixth.

Probably fifth by the time they tot up the scores
Which is some consolation after your captain pick has been made to look even worse

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 10th March 2021, 8:34 PM

Probably fifth by the time they tot up the scores
Which is some consolation after your captain pick has been made to look even worse

Yeah, I'm fifth with a small points lead over Ben and Radish.

We both played Pep roulette and you won big and I won small. Kipper and Anton lost their shirts. Nothing to gloat about as it all starts again on Saturday. (No sympathy for Kipper and Anton, I'm actually angry to be behind two people who were prepared to captain Sterling).

I took me two extra transfer hits to boot Sterling for Mahrez but it was also to free up funds to get on the Kane Train early so seemed like a good idea
I've got my captaincy and bench very wrong many times this season, so I'm more relieved than gloatful* that it's gone in my favour this week.

*may not be acceptable in Countdown

You've had some bad luck. You had both of Bamford's hat tricks on your bench while I only had one. Both of us had Stones' unexpected brace in GW19. Bunter didn't and that was the beginning of his fall from grace.

My biggest piece of bad luck was missing the first week. You should finish this Gameweek in 1st position, 63 points ahead of me, with Kipper 2nd, 44 points ahead. Since your GW1 score was 77 and Kipper's was 48 I've gained precisely 14 points over you and four points over him... in 26 weeks.

Shit, took a 4 point hit and missed out - would have won by one point and gone up a place. :(

Hercules Grytpype Thynne A Kick In The Grass 54 - 57 The Tricky Reds The ghost of Vanden Stock

I'm staying out of who scored what conversations for this week - my shame is too great.
I've confessed my venial sin and will do my penance.
That is all until next week.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 11th March 2021, 8:14 AM

I'm staying out of who scored what conversations for this week - my shame is too great.

Stones (Captain) 1 point, Mahrez 20 wouldn't have anything to do with it, would it? :D

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 10th March 2021, 11:35 PM

My biggest piece of bad luck was missing the first week. You should finish this Gameweek in 1st position, 63 points ahead of me, with Kipper 2nd, 44 points ahead. Since your GW1 score was 77 and Kipper's was 48 I've gained precisely 14 points over you and four points over him... in 26 weeks.

Although checking the stats the only month you've outscored me was October
I won't suggest it was because I was just warming up, but rather ask what you got so right that month?
Was it the last time Liverpool won at home?

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 11th March 2021, 8:14 AM

I captained a City defender in GW21 - so it's not a crazy thing to do - unless you think I'm crazy. He didn't play so I got 2pts from my VC.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 11th March 2021, 11:54 PM

Although checking the stats the only month you've outscored me was October
I won't suggest it was because I was just warming up, but rather ask what you got so right that month?
Was it the last time Liverpool won at home?

Not sure if you're serious or not, (probably not) but the fact remains that your lead over me is 63pts and your GW1 score is 77, so you're only beating me because you've got an extra week's score on your total.

You think I would have scored less than 63pts in GW1?

I don't think you would disagree that I would have (c)Salah. That would have given me 40pts. If I assume very conservatively that my 10 other players only got 2pts each, which is extremely unlikely, that's a 60pt total, which would put me 3pts behind you. The likelihood is I would have got at least another 10 or fifteen points, so would be ahead.

If by taking the month scores you're trying to suggest you're a more consistent player than me - yes and no.

Firstly, you have to subtract your GW1 points from September or add the same points on to my score, which means I outscored you in September as well as October.

Sep: 24pts
Oct: 23pts

Whilst it's true you outscored me in the other months the amounts are the following:

Nov: 23pts
Dec: 7pts
Jan: 14pts
Feb: 7pts
Mar (1 week so far) 12pts

Not exactly a drubbing - especially since some of these months included five or six GWs. Now consider, in every month except Oct and Feb you got more captain points than me. Here's your net gain in captain points:

Sep: 30pts
Oct: -6pts
Nov: 8pts
Dec: 24pts
Jan: 20pts
Feb: -20pts
Mar 30pts

Take those away and you end up with the following

Sep: GT
Oct: GT
Nov: SS
Dec: GT
Jan: GT
Feb: GT
Mar: GT

In other words in all but one of the months you outscored me, you did it by putting the armband on a higher scoring player. I'm not saying that this involves no judgement, but I think it's more of a coin toss than any other aspect of the game, so I don't think you can make a case that you're a more consistent player than me either.

Radish homage begins...

On the other hand I see Yul Bryner has had a hair transplant. I didn't even know he was bald. Of course he changed his name by deed pole because he loved Christmas. I've always thought bald actors had it easy because wigs sit more realistically on their heads. They should think about this when they give out Oscars. I have to say thinking about bald men has made me think of tits and wanking. A lot of men like to wank on to tits. I even did this myself once although the movement of the bus meant some of it went on to a Sudanese man sitting near by, so I wouldn't consider myself an authority on the practice. He was a Chelsea supporter, so in a way was also a kind of tit, so perhaps I'm better at coming on tits than I realise. You live and learn...

etc.

I had to scroll so far up, I thought Horseradish was back for a sec there