BCG Fantasy Premier League 2020/21 Page 70

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 12th March 2021, 4:48 PM

I had to scroll so far up, I thought Horseradish was back for a sec there

:D Have you bought Don's old phone?

I've added a pointless, scatological Radish homage to my post to make it worth the effort of reading.

Haha
You know how flakey I am at this game,. your point was well made
But despite my flagrant use of transfer hits I've been a lot more consistent than I expected
If lockdown continues for another year I might even join the H2H league*

*just kidding, that thing is an abomination

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 13th March 2021, 12:58 AM

If lockdown continues for another year I might even join the H2H league*

*just kidding, that thing is an abomination

Abomination, bit OTT ain't it!?! Not it's not - it's just a bit of fun. Don't be such a sourpuss. ;)

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 13th March 2021, 12:58 AM

But despite my flagrant use of transfer hits I've been a lot more consistent than I expected

You've played really well.

My man RĂ¼diger earning his corn - crooked Bamford, almost crooked Ayling and even smashed one on goal. Nice.

Yeah cheers - the c**t.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 13th March 2021, 8:43 AM

You've played really well.

Normally at this point our leader is 20K or better. Steve is currently 158K, so I wouldn't call that playing really well.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 12th March 2021, 11:23 PM

Have you bought Don's old phone?

:D

Quote: don rushmore @ 13th March 2021, 2:51 PM

Normally at this point our leader is 20K or better. Steve is currently 158K, so I wouldn't call that playing really well.

Well, Steve has my rank basically, if I'd played GW1, and I consider that I've played well. Do you disagree?

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 13th March 2021, 2:49 PM

Yeah cheers - the c**t.

You have to be a c**t to play for Chelsea. Remember this bloke?

Quote: don rushmore @ 13th March 2021, 2:51 PM

:D

I'm with you Don
I've been pretty rubbish, so the rest of you should hang your heads in shame whatever week you managed to start playing

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 13th March 2021, 6:13 AM

Abomination, bit OTT ain't it!?! Not it's not - it's just a bit of fun. Don't be such a sourpuss. ;)

I'm only Jesting
It's all a bit of fun, and I can see how the H2H could be enjoyable like the Meracntile Credit cup or suchlike, But I don't have the time to wonder whether it's worth Wildcarding to beat Ben Ricketts one week and then trying to beat Steve Goodlad when he's gone triple captain the following week
I blame Dan Sweryt (may his posts on this thread rest in peace) for combining the two in one go
But being in the original BCG Clique league with lower case permitted I'm probably a bit old fashioned

However that league is being lead by He who shall not be Mcnamed so I'm quite happy to jump ship and pledge my full allegiance to Kippers new Capital letters league

But out of interest who is leading the H2H?

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 14th March 2021, 2:15 AM

You had to rub it in, didn't yer. :(

I was knocking on the door of No. 1 spot not long ago, now........................

Bloody Shotgun Blues JP Pass is Numero Uno, with Alf in second place.

I'll do my best to knock him down a peg this week but I've just noticed we have very similar teams, so it won't be easy. Could all ride on the captaincy nods, Bale v Kane. Go Gareth.

Meanwhile in the sensible league it's getting a bit tight at the top again. Just 30 odd points between the top 4 and 65 between 1st and 6th which probably still gives Horse and Godot a chance to do something special going into the last quarter, although chips may be needed for this. Current leader, late entry No Avinit has spent most of his, just to give encouragement to the chasing pack.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 14th March 2021, 2:15 AM

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 14th March 2021, 5:51 AM

You had to rub it in, didn't yer. :(

I was knocking on the door of No. 1 spot not long ago, now........................

Bloody Shotgun Blues JP Pass is Numero Uno, with Alf in second place.

So as not to steal anyone's thunder in the last week, I'll bathe in my lone :( past glory when I was Shingle Street Utd,, if only to cheer myself up. Maybe I'll go back to that name.

(Fretting about my eye operation tomorrow)

Oof, the Kane/Son partnership so many of you rely on has been broken up
I'm writing this at half time though.