Coronavirus Page 74

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 22nd February 2021, 3:09 PM

You know what I meant pedantic pete.
Old people going to hospital with a different condition, catching covid in hospital and that going on the record and statistics.
It has happened a lot, the 'with' covid rather than of.
The Pfizer vaccine is said to be 95% effective.

No I don't presume to know what you meant, just because you try to fudge the recipients feelings by exaggerating & biasing your writings, don't try to put the blame on me. YOU are part of the problem.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Besides, you can't rely on the 'quick' figures if you want to know more accurate statistics, the Office Of National Statistics does a much more careful job of it in the long-term, but it does mean that the latest figures are not included yet.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/aboutus/transparencyandgovernance/freedomofinformationfoi/countingofcovid19deaths

which leads to: https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/birthsdeathsandmarriages/deaths/bulletins/deathsregisteredweeklyinenglandandwalesprovisional/weekending30october2020#deaths-registered-by-week

Download the data and do your own graphs the way you want them.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/visualisations/dvc1049/fig1/datadownload.xlsx

https://www.ons.gov.uk/visualisations/dvc1049/fig2red/datadownload.xlsx

Bill

Steady Neddy.

My best friend's otherwise healthy father passed away after 3 weeks on a ventilator. I feel an urge to punch Xi in the face.

Vaccinations are really ramping up here. Both of my parents have had both injections, and my son and his fiancee got their first today. Texas is opening them up to anyone 50 or older, so I made an appointment to have mine Wednesday.

Looks like Boris plans to have the country fully opened by the end of June, so my August vacation should be a go. I'll buy the first round!

Quote: DaButt @ 13th March 2021, 7:59 PM

Looks like Boris plans to have the country fully opened by the end of June, so my August vacation should be a go. I'll buy the first round!

Right lads, we need everyone on the BCG forum to turn up. Hope you've got a fat wallet DB :D

Quote: DaButt @ 13th March 2021, 7:59 PM

Boris Johnson faces a new Tory rebellion threat over pre-Easter vote to extend lockdown laws for another SIX MONTHS despite plans to end most restrictions in June

Getting ready to make the 30-minute drive to a university hospital for my first round of the Pfizer vaccine. My appointment isn't for another 90 minutes, but my neighbor drove past a few hours ago and said there were 300 people in line, so I'm going to leave early because I have some St. Patrick's drinking to do with my neighbors when I return.

I've got my booking for the second jab on 6th April.

Done. 50 minutes from entering the line until the injection. Second jab on April 9th.

24th for me

And, had to have a Covid test last Friday, before I had my eye operation on Monday, so know I don't have the virus - I did wonder.

I can stop clanging that bell now whenever I walk to the shops.

Had my first jab today. I was hoping I would get a nice side effect buzz but nothing.

Mine kicked in after exactly 24 hours.
Nothing too dramatic, though.

I see Corbyn's even nuttier brother is out on the march again.
Good grief.

According to the paper (yes the Mail) people are leaving vaccination centres without the jab when they find out it's not the Pfizer because they believe the scare stories about AstraZeneca. Apparently there is more chance of getting blood clots on the contraceptive pill but loads of women don't worry about that.

This morning while walking my dog I came across a football team - playing football.
I spoke to the manager and said it was good to see young lads getting good exercise.
He told me they might be in trouble as a woman had shouted across that she had called the police.
Sure enough, they turned up. The manager explained they were having a no tackling rule.
6 steps maximum and they must pass.
Therefore in keeping with the social distancing rules.
The cop was a bit miffed but accepted it and went away.
As soon as the police were out of earshot, he shouted to the teams 'back to tackling lads.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 21st March 2021, 2:18 PM

This morning while walking my dog I came across a football team - playing football.
I spoke to the manager and said it was good to see young lads getting good exercise.
He told me they might be in trouble as a woman had shouted across that she had called the police.
Sure enough, they turned up. The manager explained they were having a no tackling rule.
6 steps maximum and they must pass.
Therefore in keeping with the social distancing rules.
The cop was a bit miffed but accepted it and went away.
As soon as the police were out of earshot, he shouted to the teams 'back to tackling lads.

I'm dialling now............(9...9.....9). Where was that you saw them?